By Anonymous - 19/08/2015 06:32 - Canada - Regina

Today, I found out the girl I met online, who I spent hours talking to every day for the past 2 months, and who I fell in love with is actually my gay roomate. He says if I could fall in love with "her", I can fall in love with him. It doesn't work that way, dickhead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 759
You deserved it 4 709

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your roommate sounds like a real pain in the ass

Your roommate needs to understand that dating is personality COMBINED with attraction physically. If you are straight it just can't work.

Comments

ezrajab 22

What a inconsiderate thing to do

That's really creepy and I'd be a little freaked out

moldypickles 29

#byefelipe. Kidding. That is truly a despicable thing to do. Though, I did have a friend who "met" someone online long before webcams were the norm. She thought the person she was communicating with was a male, only to find out years later it was a girl. At that point she was still willing to try, and they met. As others have stated before me, even if OP was able/willing to look past gender, the lie is too monumental to begin a healthy relationship.

martin8337 35

How does one fall in love with a person they have never met?

#78 Easily enough if you fall in love with someone's charm, personality and crave emotional connection over physical attraction. OP was quite naive though, and most people I know who fell in love online without video chats and things had it develop VERY slowly over several years rather than just two months.

Yeah, I actually knew my now girlfriend for around 4 years before admitting my feelings. Physical attraction is important for most people, but id say many people value personality more.

I've had a similar experience of having nice conversations and a generally good feeling about talking to a girl online. When, after a few weeks, I found out that she was a he, I felt betrayed. Gender does not bother me at all, but being in-honest does. I can't imagine how awful it has to be to share a place with someone who manipulated you like that. Good luck with finding a new roommate, OP.

not only are you not gay, but now you now he's a liar. relationships cant start on a lie.

I've would've hit up nev and max and put his ass on blast tbh That's just such a disrespectful thing to do to someone.

Ha you're gay cause you feel in love with a man