By Anonymous - 19/08/2015 06:32 - Canada - Regina

Today, I found out the girl I met online, who I spent hours talking to every day for the past 2 months, and who I fell in love with is actually my gay roomate. He says if I could fall in love with "her", I can fall in love with him. It doesn't work that way, dickhead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 759
You deserved it 4 709

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your roommate sounds like a real pain in the ass

Your roommate needs to understand that dating is personality COMBINED with attraction physically. If you are straight it just can't work.

Comments

FalloutScrolls 25

Ok so this is a major contender for "most screwed up thing I read all week."

JohnTheDonJuan 11

You need to spend more time on reddit my friend.

You shouldn't wish that hell upon anyone, 72.

Even if you became romantically attracted to 'her,' you still wouldn't be physically attracted to him. Even if the two of you were to attempt a relationship in which you were only romantic partners, and sated sexual needs elsewise, starting on that level of betrayal would ruin the foundation for a healthy relationship. If the two of you were to enter one, which would already be complicated if you did the reasonable thing and did it as I described above, you would spend the entire relationship paranoid about what could be his next manipulation. He should have been content with you as a friend, but now he's ruined his chance for any sort of positive relationship with you. He sounds like his parents left him with a warped sense of healthy relationships.

I think this guy has seen "The Crying Game" a few too many times.

I totally agree! Except for the blaming the parents part. Who knows!

I'd kick that freak the **** out, or leave ASAP.

pleasedie 22

He's a creeper but the real question is how do you fall in love with someone you've never met ?

By talking to them, getting to know their personality and realising they've slowly become the most important part of your life. I got lucky and it clicked physically as well, but the actual falling in love was easy over text and phone.

pleasedie 22

I guess. I personally don't think it works that way. I think you have to get to know someone in person to truly love them. People act different in person.

#33 I fell in love online as well. I tried to deny it and kept telling myself I had deluded myself, but finally after five years of awkward, 'something there' friendship and two completely incompatible real-life relationships, I said '**** it' and flew off to meet the guy who I just could not shrug off the feeling that he was the 'one'. Our relationship is now official, we've met twice, are engaged and he is absolutely perfect for me. So for me, the attraction was basically instant from the start, falling in love happened over a few months (I fall in love with personality, so...) and upon meeting we discovered what I had instinctively known but kept shrugging off as foolish dreams - we were physically compatible and his real-life persona was no different to his online persona - other than that it was real, and even better/more intense. So yes, falling in love online is definitely possible, at least for some.

I wouldn't say you have to meet in person to fall in love, but you definitely need to meet before you decide to marry or things like that. It's true people can act different offline, but it doesn't mean you weren't in love with the person online/thought they were.

Never trust anyone online...well most of the time...

corky1992 33
Steve_Dudley_UK 10

That gay guy is so stupid. Doesn't he know that heterosexual guys fall in love with someone they have never met. In fact fall in live with someone who doesn't exist (so long as is a female and not a gay guy). Your so normal. Doesn't everyone fall in live with someone who has never been just by reading a few messages? Oh the books I've fell in love with. It's like messages from a gorgeous girl but they never answer back. Never in a mood every 28 days either. And when you've read them you can just throw them away and pick another and fall in love with that and never get clothes ripped or dumped on the lawn by a jealous book that's been dumped for a new one! Women, real live breathing human women, why bother with them eh? Duh.

itwasntme14 19

You missed the point. Also books can't replace people especially in a romantic or loving way. But good luck with having no interactions with the other sex.

leogachi 15

All of your other points aside, why would you throw away a book? Even if you don't like it you can give it to someone else. And if you do like it, why not put it on your shelf to read again later?

Mr_Original_ 11

I'm near-certain that this has been an FML before, hmm..