By nonameLiz - 03/02/2010 01:16 - United States

Today, I found out that you can get arrested for holding up a 'free hugs' sign. FML
I agree, your life sucks 433
You deserved it 109

Comments

YTDI for being a peacenik fag. Love and understanding never toppled dictators or stopped genocide.

But when Martin Luther King Jr. Preached peace and love he earned blacks all the rights of whites. The opposite of peace and understanding is hatred and intolerance and misuderstanding, and that is what causes those dictatorships and genocides. STFU and GTFO.

Seriously? Ugh I've always wanted to run into someone doing that. ;D

Yeah, you can get arrested for holding a "Free hugs" sign. I have heard of it happening in some European countries so I suppose it can happen at other places. The problem with the "Free hugs" is pickpocketing. You are giving the person much easier access to your wallet or whatever he can steal. And since there can't be a cop or someone to observe what the freehugger is doing all the time it is easier to just not allow it at all.

if you live in america that violates your freedom of speech and right to assembly, i hope you are smart enough to sue

Not all speech is protected. Solicitation, harassment, death threats, inciting a riot, etc... there are lots of legal restrictions on speech.

disturbed_kitten 0

wow, that blows. I would have hugged you :)

clahdupe 0

IN NEW ORLEANS, IF I HAD A FREE HUGS SIGN, I'D JUST GET SHOT CUZ IT'S ******* GAY AS THE SHIT

alex_vik 0

It's about time they got another good comic person on here. The last one I can remember was the C&H one, and even that one was fairly lame (not because of the artist, but because this whole idea is just stupid).

This makes me laugh, because my husband has a pin that he keeps on his messenger bag (he uses it to carry his work clothes in, so he doesn't have to ride the bus in hos uniform) and it says in giant red letters FREE HUGS. He got it when we went to Anime North last year.

hanfan79 0

lol I love the guy's big creeper smile in the first frame.

In some places it's considered soliciting.