By emisara93 - 15/11/2016 00:38 - United States

Today, I found out that the insurance that my husband signed us up with for next year doesn't cover any of our doctors. Now we need to find 4 different doctors who take our insurance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 005
You deserved it 861

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's Insurance 101: Always check the provider list. Did you not discuss your options beforehand? That's something that affects both of you (and any children you might have) so both of you need to be actively involved.

Rawrshi 25

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Comments

Nope! Never let husbands make all of these decisions on their own ?

xbaconator9000x 16

Or... Since your insurance hasn't commenced yet... you could go with a different insurer.

Ugh thats frustrating. Good luck? Just do a lot of research because a lot of doctors (even specialized) don't always know everything about that speciality. I know this all too well.

Maybe it wasn't his fault. Obamacare is such a wonderful disaster that he may have only had one option.

Same situation here. I have a couple of doctors I WILL NOT change (one I have been seeing for 26 years) , and they aren't in any of the options I was given. I will just have to save for visits with them and pay cash. Damn shame.

Sadly thats what happens with Obamacare. We've had amazing and expensive coverage for two years via Humana and the Obamacare marketplace. For 2017 Humana is no longer offering plans in our state. We have basically two choices of Obamacare policies for 2017, one that provides similar Sadly but none of the same doctors (or hospital actually), or we can get same providers from a different company, but have to pay almost 5 times the amount (premiums + max out of pocket). Calling agents there are no options for us other than marketplace policies.

Redgy22 26

Welcome to Obama care! It sucks!

I've been through this. Make sure you start each call to potential new doctors with, "Are you accepting new patients?" This will save you a LOT of time.

this is why my fiancee isn't allowed to do things.

phs_ladybug 10

Optima Health just changed up their shit and have ****** my life also.