By Brupopy - 27/12/2016 01:11

Today, I found out that my mother has been pretending that I'm a woman so that she doesn't have to tell her colleagues that she has a gay son. Apparently this has been going on for the past four years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 823
You deserved it 995

Brupopy tells us more.

OP here, thank you all for the replies!! Just to confirm she's not religious at all or anything like that and acts as if she's really supportive to my face before going behind my back and acting as if it's demonic or something. The awkward part, though, is that my younger sister came out as lesbian a few years ago too, and my mother was more than happy to discuss her and her girlfriend, but despite myself having been out to her for 8 years now, she still seems to be really awkward about me dating guys. Also, to the few individuals who suggested that I must look like a girl, I'm more of a beard and suit sort of guy personally. On another note, thank you to those who suggested calling her my father and going into her work place in Drag; I'll be staying with her next month for a little while and may have to borrow one of my sister's dresses and cosplay wigs to roll up to her workplace - along with unshaven legs and face, whilst maintaining the usual booming man voice, of course.

Top comments

now just pretend your mother is your father so you won't have to tell everybody that your mother is a bitch

Pretty sure everyone understands she did it cause she's homophobic or doesn't have a backbone to defend op if there's homophobic coworkers. Not really much to misunderstand here.

Comments

OP here, thank you all for the replies!! Just to confirm she's not religious at all or anything like that and acts as if she's really supportive to my face before going behind my back and acting as if it's demonic or something. The awkward part, though, is that my younger sister came out as lesbian a few years ago too, and my mother was more than happy to discuss her and her girlfriend, but despite myself having been out to her for 8 years now, she still seems to be really awkward about me dating guys. Also, to the few individuals who suggested that I must look like a girl, I'm more of a beard and suit sort of guy personally. On another note, thank you to those who suggested calling her my father and going into her work place in Drag; I'll be staying with her next month for a little while and may have to borrow one of my sister's dresses and cosplay wigs to roll up to her workplace - along with unshaven legs and face, whilst maintaining the usual booming man voice, of course.

I am 100% in support of the revenge drag. See if your sister is willing to get involved and have her dress up as a drag King if she is. Then gate crash on her during work hours. The more over-the-top the dressing up is and the more played up the acting is, the better. High five to you, if you manage it, mate.

Extra marks if you manage to act like your mother actually thinks you're a girl. If you manage to leave the office with her workmates actually wondering if she's just so confused by you wearing drag that she believes you really are a girl then you'll really have put one over on her.

chin up, when you meet them you can finally say hi, i'm the son of a bitch who works with you!

<p>I'm sorry about your mom not supporting you. That's messed up that she's fine with your sister but not you.</p>

TL310 2

Wow that's awful ? I'm sorry