By Joel - 02/09/2009 04:29 - United States

Today, I found out that my company was throwing a work picnic. When i showed up, I realized that it had been planned months ago and I wasn't supposed to find out. The entire restaurant was there greeting me with faces of utter shock. Nothing says 'you suck' more than being 'that guy' at your job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 134
You deserved it 6 281

Same thing different taste

Top comments

For #16...obviously, the OP didn't know it was planned to exclude him, so calling him "selfish" for going when he wasn't aware he wasn't invited is wrong. At any rate, they were rude to plan a company event and exclude an employee, not to mention stupid, as it was inevitable he would find out at some point. While the OP may be "that guy" that's not an excuse for his co-worker's rudeness and selfishness. But at least he's aware of it; maybe he can talk to someone and find out what's going on. And maybe it's less about him and more about his co-workers (I've seen that happen). Who knows?

Well, why are you 'that guy'? Maybe YDI because you're an ignorant prick. If not, FYL.

Comments

your that guy because you somehow think a pinic is held at a resturant

God that sucks, why do people feel the need to single others out? Or is OP just a douche?

droptableusers 7

>Picnic >Restaurant So either everyone was sitting on the restaurant's floor having a picnic or the restaurant was in open air and had no floor.

Indulge and have fun! I mean you're there...seriously if you are a good party animal maybe you can be invited next time...

i can't help but wonder why an entire office of people hates you. I'm guessing there's a reason.

randybryant799 20

This is confusing to read. Why is a picnic at a restaurant? And an entire company tried to hide it from you? If you're that disliked I'm surprised you even have a job.