By Joel - 02/09/2009 04:29 - United States

Today, I found out that my company was throwing a work picnic. When i showed up, I realized that it had been planned months ago and I wasn't supposed to find out. The entire restaurant was there greeting me with faces of utter shock. Nothing says 'you suck' more than being 'that guy' at your job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 133
You deserved it 6 281

Same thing different taste

Top comments

For #16...obviously, the OP didn't know it was planned to exclude him, so calling him "selfish" for going when he wasn't aware he wasn't invited is wrong. At any rate, they were rude to plan a company event and exclude an employee, not to mention stupid, as it was inevitable he would find out at some point. While the OP may be "that guy" that's not an excuse for his co-worker's rudeness and selfishness. But at least he's aware of it; maybe he can talk to someone and find out what's going on. And maybe it's less about him and more about his co-workers (I've seen that happen). Who knows?

Well, why are you 'that guy'? Maybe YDI because you're an ignorant prick. If not, FYL.

Comments

Well, at least you have the self-awareness to realize you're "that guy" and now maybe you can take steps to correct whatever it is that's bothering them. However, it sounds like you showed up in all innocence, and they were total idiots to think they could do this without you finding out. Things like this have a way of getting out.

For #16...obviously, the OP didn't know it was planned to exclude him, so calling him "selfish" for going when he wasn't aware he wasn't invited is wrong. At any rate, they were rude to plan a company event and exclude an employee, not to mention stupid, as it was inevitable he would find out at some point. While the OP may be "that guy" that's not an excuse for his co-worker's rudeness and selfishness. But at least he's aware of it; maybe he can talk to someone and find out what's going on. And maybe it's less about him and more about his co-workers (I've seen that happen). Who knows?

visage 0

If this is real YDI. If "everyone" hates you I'd bet my **** there is a good reason...

Yeah because when someone is persecuted there's always a good reason... I bet all those africans killed in the rwandan genocide had a good reason to be killed too.

Wrong. Your analogy doesn't work in this case.

You do not show up unless you are invited, right?. If you were invited, ask te one who invited you about what has been going on oevr at the restaurant/your workplace and thank him/her for inviting you anyways (or not, cause s/he put you in a bad position at the same time; your judgement there). If you were not invited and still showed up; what the hell is wrong with you? YDI totally

the company threw the picnic so i can't not be invited. everybody who works there is invited. but I didn't know about it because everybody kept it a secret. they gave me a two week vacation prior to the picnic so i wouldn't find out about it.

your not the OP so why even bother pretend, you look pathetic

hey dip ****. I made an account after the posting so i could shit talk you faggots for not knowing what you were talking about. make sense?

Ahhh.. it's all sooooooo clear now! joel / joelgernaut is a TOTAL DOUCHE!!!! He IS 'that guy'! He knew he wasn't invited but went anyway!! He's such a loser that he makes 2 accounts on FML and admits to it. He tries to talk trash, but just sanchez's himself!!!

Well at least we know why you're "that guy" at work. Have fun moving through life knowing that virtually everyone you meet will dislike you so much they will go out of their way to avoid you. ******* loser.

Then how did you find out? Also, if SOMEONE had the courtesy of inviting you, I think they're not gonna feel like yelling "Yes, I was the one who invited him!" because they would end up as "loser #2". Either way, making 2 accounts just to trash-talk us is bullshit. Now, you've given me a reason to click YDI.

I'm not ignorant. I don't even talk that much at my job.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ignorant lmgfy = Let Me Google That For You Ya ignorant douche!

Hmm, do you habitually steal your coworker's lunch? Also, I wish I was strong enough to throw a whole company picnic.

That would certainly make him 'that guy.'

and what? do you feel threatened by my views

I think "annoyed" is the word you're looking for. Everyone here hates you, pretty much, and you're just a nuisance. I was thinking the comments on this FML could be fun, but no. Instead it's going to be some idiot (that's where you come in) spewing bullshit and hundreds of other people trying to talk sense into you. Yayyyy.

everyone here hates me? thats fine i'm perfectly ok with not being the most popular person amongst a group of people i'll never meet..... as long as i get my point across and can open peoples eyes i dont mind what you saya about me ****

Open people's eyes? It seems more like you're attempting to close their minds, and failing.

close their minds and fail. so their eyes are open, thats fine by me, idiot

The other person meant you're trying to close their eyes, so you're failing at opening them. Either way, you're not changing anyone's opinion. No one is going to say, "You're right! I think I'll be a moron too!" This is especially true because you are full of hatred and ignorance, so no one gives much credit to what you say. Why is it you want to change everyone again? Not secure in yourself, maybe? I'd say it's that or you are just one of those people who is a total control freak who can't accept that other people get to have opinions too. Go back to your cave.

so your saying i'm a contol freak who cant accept other people opinions but your calling me a moron for trying to get my view accross. hypocrite

No, I'm calling you a moron because you're a moron, moron. I never said my reason for being on this site was to change anyone's opinions, or as you so vainly put it as though you are omnipotent, "open their eyes". Here's a HUGE hint: If every single person thinks ONE thing, and YOU think the opposite, chances are those people aren't the dumb ones. Pull your head out of your ass. I recognize everyone's right to opinion, like religions and such. However, it's a big difference when you get online and start saying asinine things like, "He's abusing you because he accidentally flinched!!!!!!" That's not a sane opinion. You may as well say that we all live on the moon and the there's a giant mirror in the sky, so we think we can see it.

No... Chances are they are the dumb ones. Especially in today's society. I mean, the majority of Germany at one time thought Jews were evil and inferior. But they were the majority, so are you going to suggest they were right? Mind if I call you Hitler?

Ha, um, no. I don't mind, seeing as how that was a very awkward comparison. Feminist said that this girl was in an abusive relationship all because her boyfriend flinched and slapped her (not hard enough to injure). So, what, all these centuries when we thought humans flinch, we were all wrong, and really we're just all abusive ***** because ONE person says so? Hardly comparable to the massacre of the Jews, which wasn't accepted by "most" people across the world (hence the war).

you are talking such unbelievable shite these days intoxicunt

"These days"? As opposed to....? Haha. Get used to it, then, I suppose. That or, ya know, shut up.

What the....???? This thread makes no sense. There aren't any replies from Feminist19... they must have been censored!!

The guy everyone hates is always a major loser.

I think this is sooo sad! Poor guy. I mean he might be a douche bag but it's still awful to have everyone hate you. =( poor dear.

well he is a douche so why feel sorry for him? he's the one who's made himself into "that guy"

I want to know how he found out about the picnic.