By Joel - 02/09/2009 04:29 - United States

Today, I found out that my company was throwing a work picnic. When i showed up, I realized that it had been planned months ago and I wasn't supposed to find out. The entire restaurant was there greeting me with faces of utter shock. Nothing says 'you suck' more than being 'that guy' at your job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 134
You deserved it 6 281

Same thing different taste

Top comments

For #16...obviously, the OP didn't know it was planned to exclude him, so calling him "selfish" for going when he wasn't aware he wasn't invited is wrong. At any rate, they were rude to plan a company event and exclude an employee, not to mention stupid, as it was inevitable he would find out at some point. While the OP may be "that guy" that's not an excuse for his co-worker's rudeness and selfishness. But at least he's aware of it; maybe he can talk to someone and find out what's going on. And maybe it's less about him and more about his co-workers (I've seen that happen). Who knows?

Well, why are you 'that guy'? Maybe YDI because you're an ignorant prick. If not, FYL.

Comments

"...Got some discount Knowledge at the Jr. Collage Where we majored in beer and girls It was all real funny 'til we ran out of money and they threw us out into the world Yeah the kids that thought they'd run this town ain't a runnin' much of anything just lovin' and laughin' and bustin' our asses and we all call it all livin' the dream These are my people This is where I come from Were givin' this life everything we got and then some It ain't always pretty But its real It's the way we were made Wouldn't have it any other way These are my people..." except for you. 'the guy' is not one of my people

The guy's probably an awkward dork who no ones wants to associate with. Every workplace has one.

#65- If you think ur opinion is important enough to reply to number 1 or 2, you should make sure you know what you're talking about first.. ITS NOT AT A RESTAURANT! There is no need for quotation marks when writing "picnic" because it REALLY WAS A PICNIC!! I don't know why it's that hard to understand that somebody could work at a restaurant...so when walking into the "Company Picnic" would refer to the whole picnic as the "entire restaurant." ******* GODD.. I am slowly losing faith in humanity every single day because of how stupid they must obviously be. If you can not figure this FML out in your head on your own then you must seriously be lacking some kind of brain function.

When you discover a conspiracy of silence against you, the only respectable thing to do is join it.

CynicComedian 2

I had that happen to me on my high school cross country team.

YDI for working in the restaurant industry, where they will keep you around just to f with you

Boat4373 0

Respectfully, FAKE what company plans a picnic months in advance? its a picnic for christ's sake you dont need to scheduel anything.

oh my god you ******* retard. how do you have anything without plans? were talking about Red Robin here. first you have to find people from other red robins to fill in for the people who aren't going to be there. then you have to get the funds to throw the picnic. that takes some planning wouldn't you think? you can't just shut down a restaurant for a day. ******* asshole.

starberries 0

LMAO at your comments. I can see why no one likes you.

icmandel 2

so stop being a douchebag at work