Tonight, on First Dates…

By singleloseragain - 15/12/2022 12:00

Spicy
Today, I had my first date with a cute older guy. What started as a perfect night ended in tears when we ran into my mom at the drugstore while he was buying us beer and condoms. She gave him a verbal lashing of a lifetime and told him my real age, 17. I'd told him I was 22. FML
I agree, your life sucks 210
You deserved it 4 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Please don't do this again, you can get the other person into a whole lot of legal trouble and completely ruin their life.

From a legal standpoint, this is statutory rape, and your lie could have gotten that guy a lifelong criminal record. Never, EVER do that again.

Comments

Please don't do this again, you can get the other person into a whole lot of legal trouble and completely ruin their life.

From a legal standpoint, this is statutory rape, and your lie could have gotten that guy a lifelong criminal record. Never, EVER do that again.

Michael Sawyer 11

that statement in not entirely accurate. Not every Country let alone every state have a Legal Age of Consent Law at 18. many are set to 16 or even 17 with a few actually set as low as 14 and AT LEAST One country with an A.o.C. law set at 11.

If age of consent was not an issue, why would she need to lie?

See, I personally figured that if she was old enough to consent she would not have lied, nor would the mom have freaked out the way she did (though getting upset would be 100% within her rights). But you know, that’s called “drawing a conclusion”, which I guess not everyone is going to do.

tiptoppc 19

Not in the USA, depending on state. 17 is what is considered as “age of consent”. It changed back around 2012 or so. Edit: see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America

Legal in the uk, in the US you could have seriously ****** up that guys life

Michael Sawyer 11

other than the alcohol purchase, legal age of consent (age in which a person can legally consent to sex) of many US states is 16 or 17 with a select few as low as 14. w

Wow...you lucked out, OP. As immature as you are, you were saved from finding out immaturity has CONSEQUENCES. I have some sympathy for the poor guy you almost gave a criminal record to...

Are you TRYING to get someone put away for stat. rape?

You should have shoved a dollar in her face and screamed, "Here! Buy some more crack, you crazy, smelly homeless bum!" and then told your date that you're an orphan.

At least you are having drunken sex responsibly. js

you seem very much like a responsible adult who should have sex indeed.....

Your mom saved you from something you might regret ten to twenty years down the line. She also saved that dude you lied to from doing something illegal. Though honestly he should have asked to see ID.

mangopineapple21 2