By Anonymous - 04/08/2015 21:42 - United States - Utica

Today, I found out my new puppy has worms by him scooting his butt across my new carpet. It's like smeared spaghetti. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 135
You deserved it 2 712

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xoxoblondee 31

I found out my kitten had worms when she farted in my face and one was hanging out of her ass.

Well I guess I won't be eating spaghetti anytime soon...

Comments

Depending how long ago, and where you got the puppy from, you might be able to get the breeder/store to pay for the treatment, as any legit breeder/store should be providing vet check, first shots (at least), de-worming, and flea deterrent. Either way fyl and your puppy's. Hopefully the puppy gets better soon!

Right!!! Yeah my aunt got a German Shepard from a breeder, and they covered up to 6 months of any health defects that could have been a result of the breeder, or if they gave them a "bad" puppy that was more prone to being sick

what is wrong with you people you always deworm a new animal immediately

If the puppy is coming from a legit source, it should already be de-wormed. If it came from an "oops" then I agree with you.

you should still always have your own vet check the animal over. Kind of like how you'd take a new car to the mechanic for a once over before the sale is final to ensure you're not getting ripped off. I agree with #17, always without exception take a new animal to be checked out.

Worms are common in puppies and kittens. A quick trip to the vet will take care of it. And the carpet should come clean with a little standard cleaner.

Thanks for the detail OP...I have now lost my appetite...what do do now with my breakfast...

That's equal parts disgusting and terrifying T_T