By photonut13 - 15/07/2010 10:52 - Canada

Today, I found out my mother had remarried, and that I was getting a stepfather and stepbrother. However I found out about it 30 minutes before we left to pick them up from the airport, and also found out that I'm losing my bedroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 586
You deserved it 2 999

Same thing different taste

Top comments

your mother sounds like an incredibly sweet and considerate lady...

You're not seriously allowing all this right? Stand up for your rights! ('Get up stand up, stand up for your rights. Get up stand up, don't give the fight.' Sorry, the song just immediately popped up in my head while writing this. Now it's stuck with you too :D )

Comments

devilyy 2

OMG! You are losing your bedroom!? o_o I'm so sorry!

brokenhelix 4

wow... I'm genuinely sorry your mom is so self-centered. ask any psychologist or relationship expert, what your mom did is wrong and very narcissistic

wowthatshorrible_fml 0

Your mother sounds like a true narcissist. You need to find a way to be out, preferably on your own, as soon as possible. If she's this egotistical and dismissive of your feelings, she's no doubt harmed you in other ways.

I don't know what to think, this sounds like the mother just ******* over the kid, but if he didn't know until 30 min before going to the airport, theres got to be some avoidance/lack of communication that could be from either side.

shit that honestly might end up happening to me

wow. that's harsh. I wouldve flipped and told my mom that given the circumstances, I have every right to keep my room because she neglected to inform me about the remarriage and the family that comes with it. so either I get to keep my room- without needing to even share it- or I'm leaving. OP- stand up and take what you deserve!

Why has no one pointed out that in most states until you're 18 and the new step-brother is 18 you have to have your own bedroom with a regular door. If OP is underage her mom can't give away her room legally. If OP is older than 18 she needs to grow up and get a job and move out.

Wow, never heard that one before! I doubt anyone follows that- and a door is never required, mine was removed several times with strangers in the house.

I really don't think it's illegal to have kids share a bedroom. Where did you read that?

rub your balls over your step brothers drum set!