By Spike - 29/03/2011 18:08 - United States

Today, I found out my dad has a 1-in-a-million disease that makes your liver process pain medication at twice the rate of a normal person. If that wasn't bad enough, he also tells me he hopes I don't have it too, because it can be passed down. He said this because I'm 29 weeks pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 179
You deserved it 3 214

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One in a million besides no pain no gain and from your pain comes an enfant who willl love you till hes 10 and tell you to stay outta his life till 21 :)

Comments

it's hardly a disease! it's a genetic condition! anyway, if that's true then the doctors will prescribe pain medication at twice the rate as normal then! Also, quit your moaning, it's only labour pains, it's not as if you have a chronic pain complaint!!

Percocet oxy-codon and morphine with be your best friend in your upcoming pregnancy

Her father may have just discovered it in himself. So if OP has it, she may not know yet. Not that I'm wishing anything in you, OP!

Not sure it's 1 in a million. I do that too. Not even sure it is a disease, but whatever. I could think of far worse diseases, like the 4 friends I have lost to cancer and the one dying today. Funny though, if you do have it the doctors will not listen to you. I had a root canal and explained my problem in detail to the doctor before he started. He told me that if I felt anything, he would stop and administer more medicine. Half way through, I told him I could feel everything he was doing. That was right before he inserted the root extractor in my tooth to pull out the nerve. Can you say "levitate 12 inches off the table"? O.M.G.

Oh no!!! :( I hope for the best for your child!!!

some_girl9 8

Hmmm, well sounds like you've only got one option, OP.... Have fun with that natural child birth, I hear it's a riot.

I don't think an epidural runs through the liver, so your cool. and if u eat some killas after the birth, u just need twice as much, so your good. p.s. don't go break a bone or rupture a disk in your back some how, ever.

I am seventeen and didn't use any pain medication. You can do it too!