By Stella5127 - 28/11/2017 05:01 - Australia - Melbourne

Spicy
Today, I found out I'm pregnant. I was shocked and confused as we use condoms and I'm on the pill. I confided in my friend, who guiltily confessed that her daughter swapped my pills for sugar pills and pinned through the rubbers to guarantee herself 5 more years of babysitting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 935
You deserved it 746

Stella5127 tells us more.

Stella5127 12

or all those people doubting my story! this ACTUALLY happened in july of 2016. I now have a boy named Nate. I kept my pills in a pill holder in the fridge with 'mon tue wed' on it. my friends daughter would come over every night after school to look after our oldest daughter, Tilly, after kindergarten while my husband and I would finish work. She had ample opportunity and being a busy teacher id just take my tablets (both birth control and thyroxine) quickly before work. though we love our baby it was a shock. Lily( my friends daughter) went off to a reform school called "Blackwood" (real place look it up) this past July, after she was also caught with drugs in her room and skipping school. she was a troubled child and I still speak to my friend, she only just found out after over hearing her daughter and her friend and was trying to protect her.

Top comments

Zachary8261 28

Tell her that her daughter is no longer allowed in your sight. And break it off with the friend since she was too lazy to remind you.

Maybe it’s time to reconsider calling that person a friend if she knew about her daughter’s actions the whole time.

Comments

ohsnapword 21

Is her husband a mechanic who always sabotages the cars so that they keep coming back?

If this is genuine them I'm sorry you've had to deal with that, but it sounds a little suss... As other people have mentioned your pill comes in a blister packet, you should notice if it's been tampered with. Also, on BC you know exactly what day you are going to get your period as you are in charge of how that cycle runs, on sugar pills your body would be on it's natural cycle. I can't really believe that it would perfectly align with the 28 day cycle of your pill and window of 7 days off it, every month, without getting out of alignment once and you questioning why you have your period?

boopingsnoot 24

When my mom went off birth control to have kids, I was born 10 months later (and a week past due date). Statistically unlikely, but not impossible.

When I was on the pills, my period did not line up with it. When I had the 4 days of sugar pills, my period would last 14 days. When I was on one with no sugar pills, I had my period every other week. It’s possible that OP was still irregular even on BC, which is why she didn’t notice.

Then you're on the wrong pill for you and need to go back to the doctor. Spotting can be normal between cycles, bleeding for many days, no.

PhantomCrevan 8

Blister packs are NOT tamper proof! It isn't that difficult to sabotage them, anyone can look it up online because it isn't illegal anywhere yet, and the biggest issue with it is that it is time consuming and requires steady hands. The first of which a teen that is baby sitting would have plenty of. Can people please stop perpetuating the idea that they are? Because what you are basically saying to people- including the people that are victims of it from a sexual partner, and thus rape victims- is "it's obviously your fault because you should have known." Victim blaming isn't anywhere near being okay, even when you are doing it out of ignorance instead of malice. Reproductive coercion. You have internet access, kindly use it to look up the term and statistics and educate yourselves.

Just because you're on the pill doesn't mean it's regulated to the hour or even to the day... Especially when the packs still contain 30 pills, not 28, and you may not notice changes unless you're taking the pill for a condition. Also, the placebo effect is pretty damn strong, strong enough to affect a period cycle.

Jeremy Strang 7

I would be suing them! That is absolutely despicable!

zay_bytheway 2

You better sue them or **** both of them up honestly

that's an illegal thing she did. I would call the cops.

Sue that little shit. That has to be breaking a law of some kind

Talis99 26

You need to call the cops. I don't care how old the daughter is.

For all of those saying it's impossible to tamper with the pills: some come in round containers, not blister packs. Also many people put all their pills in those weekly boxes, could have been that too. as for her having access, it sounds like she was already babysitting so maybe it was during a shift one night.

She should be your former friend. That's just appalling. What if you had health issues that would make pregnancy dangerous for you? Her daughter sounds like an utterly irresponsible person who shouldn't be babysitting.