By AtomicDiamond87 - 19/08/2013 19:55 - United States - Toppenish

Today, I found out I'm pregnant. I told my boyfriend and my close family, who were all ecstatic. Then he told his mother. Her reaction? "It better come out looking like him." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 388
You deserved it 3 850

AtomicDiamond87 tells us more.

AtomicDiamond87 15

OP here. Well She didn't say it as a joke. She's always been a let down. But thank you all for the good comments. No I don't cheat. I love my boyfriend. Been together almost two years. Didn't plan for a baby because the doctors told him he wasn't able. He's so happy. And i'm always tired. Ad for the woman who also have mother in law problems keep your heads up :)

Top comments

AnthonyWheeler15 24

Ignore her OP. I'm are you guys will have a beautiful baby on both your parts. Congrats!

Congrats again. Sucks to have mean mother in laws. Glad mine is sweet.

Comments

sugarbear0727 19

Same thing here. She always asks if we need to go on Maury, or Jerry Springer. -.- my son looks exactly like his dad, so she just says it as a 'joke'.

perdix 29

"Why aren't you two married?" That'd be worse, and more to the point.

All families have that bitch of a parent! My fiance's mom is definitely like that. He moved in with me and she hasn't stopped talking shit about me since. He goes to her for occasional problems, and her imediate response is "break up with her". I can only imagine what she'll say when him and I have a child. Good luck, OP.

AtomicDiamond87 15

Go though that alot as well. Hope it gets better.

carina_47 16

Aww, too bad. Just ignore her! It'll be just fine!

How well does she know you? I could maybe understand her thinking that, but saying it is insensitive

That's one family member not the entire family...her comment is overruled...congrats OP...

Congrats mama. Mother in laws are ***** so I wouldn't take what she says too seriously. Mine always puts me down yet my fiancé can't seem to notice. She tries to parent my son.

I am confused. Is that to say she thinks it isnt his or that he is prettier than you? Either way, congrats I am sure it will be beautiful... and his.

I know how that is. When my ex and I told his mother I was pregnant the first thing she said was verbatim: "How can you be sure it's his?". I told her "Because I haven't been sleeping with anyone else of course." She's lucky I was so nice, because I wanted to tell her to f-off. Some people just suck OP, sorry :(

AtomicDiamond87 15

OP here. Well She didn't say it as a joke. She's always been a let down. But thank you all for the good comments. No I don't cheat. I love my boyfriend. Been together almost two years. Didn't plan for a baby because the doctors told him he wasn't able. He's so happy. And i'm always tired. Ad for the woman who also have mother in law problems keep your heads up :)

Congrats again. Sucks to have mean mother in laws. Glad mine is sweet.

Well, congratulations anyways! I hope everything goes well for you and that your mother-in-law stops being so bitter.

Sometimes after the baby is born, evil mother in laws lighten up some. Hopefully, this is going to be your case. Mine has always been wonderful. She was a bit bummed that her only grand kids were furry with four legs but has since made peace.

skyeyez9 24

What is up with these rude mother in laws? What is the root of their passive aggressive attitude?? That there is another woman in their son's life? If I had a son, I'd be happy he is getting married and starting a family, Not behave like an angry bitch.

Wow! I wish you all the best and I'm sure your child will be beautiful regardless of which one of you they look like. Perhaps your demon in law will soften up when she takes a look at her grandchild...or not. Some people are just rude.

lj1207 6

Don't worry my mother in law is planning on during me for grandparents law. Because I told her she couldn't watch him because she tried to keep him away from me

If he was told that he couldn't have kids, it's understandable where his mother's concern would be coming from. I'm not saying it's right for her to doubt you or be rude to you about it, but its a lot more understandable.

#69 sadly my sister had a similar issue. The father decided he wanted to get rid of his rights because my now 6 year old nephew has a daddy and three half siblings. His daddy has been daddy literally before he was born. The grandma decided to sue to try to get custody... When the boy was 3. 3 years old.. Really? She didn't even try to see him before that. Anyways, hopefully she won't get any rights and if she does make sure you supervise all visits.

66: That is exactly the reason my monster-in-law hates me, because I married her son. To which I say, "A daughter is a daughter for life. A son is a son until he takes a wife." But I'm not planning on letting her near my future offspring, because she may or may not be mentally unstable and because I wouldn't trust her to keep a goldfish alive for ten seconds, so just remember that you get to decide who your kids spend time with.

Well your mother in law is better than mine. I fell pregnant last year and my mother in law tried to guilt and force me into an abortion. Hope all goes well for you tho

MsMourningStar 22

I'm lucky enough to have the best mother in law ever so I'm very sorry yours sucks. Keep your head up, maybe it'll get better.

Your boyfriend supposedly can't get a woman pregnant and you get pregnant. That's going raise red flags.