By really? - 20/03/2013 04:55 - United States

Today, I found a purse in the school bathroom. When I looked inside, there was an iPod along with some other expensive stuff in it. I took it to the office so the right owner would get it back. The owner passed me in the hall on the way there; she freaked out and punched me in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 723
You deserved it 3 028

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No good deed goes unpunished. Just explain it to her and keep doing the right thing.

It's ok OP. at least you were trying to do the right thing. Don't let her terrible reaction stop you from doing good things like that again.

Comments

Her reaction was extreme but I hope she apologized after you told her that you were taking the bag to the office and not stealing it!

perdix 29

Next time you see a strange purse in the bathroom, call the Bomb Squad to dispose of it. You need to pre-emptively freak out before the rightful owner to get the edge.

Nothing says "Thank you" like a swift fist to someone else's cranium.

What I do when I'm taking something I found to the office is ask everyone I see on the way if it's their's.

And someone can easily say it's theirs and you'd give it to them.

Not a wise idea. The office is the best place being if someone finds something valuable and if they are kind, they turn it into the office. I have lost the same key twice this year and it always been in the office. I found some nice looking jewelry on the ground but instead of keeping it, I gave it to the office to hold on to.

It is a sad thing that so few people do the right thing that someone would naturally jump to the conclusion that someone is stealing their stuff. Though even if she caught someone stealing her stuff, that was the wrong reaction. Keep your head held proud op. maybe you can help change someone's mind about there still being random good out there.

She should have let you explain why you were holding her purse before punching you..

olpally 32

Good god, people are over the edge lately. Hope you're okay.

You tried to do the right thing, OP. Maybe the person who left her purse should be more careful. But then she probably realized she left her purse and was going back to get it.

Moral of the story, don't jump to conclusions!