By Anonymous - 21/10/2012 01:59 - Canada - Waterdown

Today, I forgot to pay for my train ride for the first time. Today was also the first time I've ever seen transit security checking for people's tickets and kicking offenders off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 659
You deserved it 5 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Haha, that's just how the world works :-) There are 365 days in a year, and which day does your teacher decide to actually check your homework? That one day you haven't done them...

What were you doing that was worth a $7000 dollar ticket?

Comments

Wow. I once did that. Visited Vancouver. Felt naughty and took the sky train without paying. Later I find out from a friend it's a huge fine. Lol

Jlwight 0

Just buy an elderly discount pass. Then act retarded if they question you

Yep, Murphy's law says that's what would happen.

cookie_3008 4

VeI get your point. ^_^ OP lives in Ontario, and so do I.. So Im guessing OP was riding VIA or GO trains, and the times Ive ridden the train Ive had to show my ticket even before getting to the platform... But then again I live in Toronto, maybe OP lives were there is a smaller station and it is possible to "forget" and just jump in. ... And the clocking in thing at work, has happened to me too. =)

Oh no! You got caught by the GoPo! With the presto cards its so easy to forget to tap on/off! I have honestly forgotten to tap a few times myself, but the Go has a policy if.they catch you first time, you get let off with a warning cuz.they know pple forget...

Exact same thing happened to me once, except my ticket had expired the day before and I hadn't realised.

How do you "forget" to pay.. That's pathetic

Hey could have been worse. They usually give real heavy fines

I know that feeling...it's always the one time you leave your purse at home or accidentally buy the wrong ticket. And, over here, the inspectors are such bastards about it. I remember the first time I travelled without a ticket - I was 11 and left my purse at home which had my season ticket (meaning I technically had already paid), emergency money and locker key in it. They shouted and bitched me out for like 10 full mins whilst I stood there crying. I mean, what adult does that to an little girl who's only just reached secondary/middle school?