By Anonymous - 21/10/2012 01:59 - Canada - Waterdown

Today, I forgot to pay for my train ride for the first time. Today was also the first time I've ever seen transit security checking for people's tickets and kicking offenders off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 659
You deserved it 5 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Haha, that's just how the world works :-) There are 365 days in a year, and which day does your teacher decide to actually check your homework? That one day you haven't done them...

What were you doing that was worth a $7000 dollar ticket?

Comments

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me. I have been taking the bus for over a year now, only once have I come across transit security and only that one time did I not pay because my transit card had no money on it (even though I had transferred $50 to it, however I never knew it took 48 hours for the funds to clear) :/ Bus driver told me it's alright and I can get a free ride. Then the transit security hopped on a few stops down. They never kicked me off, though they gave me a warning, but next time it's a $200 fine. :( Apparently it doesn't matter what the bus driver says, they aren't allowed to give free rides.

doctorwhofan567 2

Dam I think I was there did this by any chance happen in east la, at soto station?

Omg, as my friends and I are all regular users of TriMet I have to fully agree with you.

You're actually really lucky that you only got kicked off. Here, we get a $200 fine which results in a warrant if unpaid (found out the hard way, lucky me) AND booted off the train.

Haha, that's the Go train honour system for you.