By CaptainKidd - 30/01/2016 02:34 - United States - Jonesboro

Today, I finally scrounged up enough change to do laundry, so I loaded up my car, swung by the bank to take out my rent money, and stopped at a gas station to get a drink. When I came outside, my car was gone, along with all my clothes and rent money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 981
You deserved it 2 938

CaptainKidd_fml tells us more.

No, I didn't leave the car running. I do leave an extra set I keep hidden in the car so in the two minutes I was gone, I guess they got lucky. To clear up some confusion, I'm a college student and have to live paycheck to paycheck. I don't get paid nearly enough at my job, and as soon as I get paid, that money goes to rent, leaving just enough for food. For laundry, I save up the change I get from work until I have enough to do a load.

Top comments

Comments

You need to scrounge money for laundry, but have enough to get a drink at a gas station? Maybe it's different from the places I've been, but gas station at notoriously overpriced. Have some tap water instead, costs nearly nothing.

>Have some tap water instead Unless you live in Flint

acerredrum 23

You do realize gas stations have tap water right? I can frequently get a cup of water for a quarter.

Where I live, fountain drinks at a gas station are about 1/4 the price of buying anything pre-packaged if you have their store cups. No idea why. But I'm not going to criticize someone for treating themselves to 40 cents worth of drink.

either a tow truck or just a bad neighborhood. that blows...

this is probably one of the worthiest fmls ever

That's why you don't leave your car running when you stop at a gas station, NO matter how short or long a time you plan to be in there!!!!! I work at a 76 and if I had a nickel for every time some idiot left their car running while they "just run inside real quick", only to end up chatting for an hour while their idling vehicle blocks others from accessing the pumps and attracts thieves, well, I wouldn't need to work at a freaking 76. Never leave your car running. Jesus. Common sense people.

OP commented and said he didn't leave it running...

mariri9206 32

It's also common sense to read the follow-up.

Wait... you had to scrounge up money to do laundry, but can casually stop by to purchase a drink? How did you afford the drink?

A lot of gas stations have fountain drinks for 1/3 of a bottled drink. I can go to one near my house and get a 32 oz soda for 95 cents

mariri9206 32

Unless you're my sister who would "Lock your keys. Take your car." (btw, not really. She doesn't do that, and not just because it's, like, impossible. She meant to say "Lock your car. Take your keys." but accidentally mixed up the two words. lol)

That's ******* awful. I hope the cops &/or your insurance can help you out.