By Deweyboy - 21/12/2015 18:01 - United States

Today, I finally realized the toll working as a cashier 5 days a week during the holidays does to your psyche. I just said "Welcome To Walgreens", out of pure reflex, to my cat as she walked into my kitchen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 283
You deserved it 2 354

Deweyboy tells us more.

Hey guys, OP Here. I don't hate my job. My boss works awesomely with my schedule, I make a ton of money, and I work with a bunch of good people. I try my best to welcome everyone who comes in when I'm at the lead register, but my store can get about 8-900 customers a day, so my welcomes can be a little reflexive. I had just gotten up that morning, after working a 9 hour shift the night before, with a 7 hour shift ahead of me. I heard the cat push the door open, and I said it half-asleep with my siblings all around the table.

Top comments

I'm sure that your cat appreciated the warm welcome

your cat just need to pick up its prescription

Comments

Korra_fml 23

I've answered my cell phone "welcome to Burger King. what can I get for you tonight?" a few times... and normally I work nights, so I tend to confuse customers (and some of them even argue the point) when I answer the drive thru that same way and say "have a great night" after the transaction on the rare occasion that I work the lunch shift. On another note, to all you guys from Walgreens: I can't remember anyone at my local Walgreens ever greeting me as I enter the store or saying "be well" or pretty much saying a single word to me at all... then again, people tend to be rude in my area so that could explain that!

That's okay. I've said "thank you and be well" to the pizza delivery man.

Cerebral_Origami 5

When I was in High school I work until 12am at an ice cream/burger stand (They closed at 11 but I had to clean. I got up at 6am for school. After a few weeks of that I was working in my sleep, roll over to pass an ice cream cone out my bedroom window and fell out of my bunk. Waking up in mid-air is a very interesting experience. :)

I know right! I said that when I was driving through taco bell!!! it was super embarrassing...

At least you're not a customer service person that accidentally said "Thank you" to the water jug when it was done filling your cup...

Back when I worked in retail, I used to answer my home phone as the Electronics section. It happens.

I hate it when they do that it's clearly a script that was forced on everybody in the store and its stupid and stupid and stupid I feel really sorry for people who have to work for such stupid marketing people

if they would hire a handicap person as a dedicated greeter then I would be okay with it otherwise it's just bullshit

shepardkinz 19

My coworker has called her dad for a ride after her shift, saying (when he answered her call), "Thank you for calling _____, my name is _____. How can I help you?" It really confused her dad and she ended up laughing hysterically. It was really funny to witness, actually.

I just quit Walgreens after working there for 9 years! I feel your pain!