By me - 21/03/2013 10:25 - United Kingdom - Chichester

Today, I finally got to meet my boyfriend's parents; it turns out that his mum is my therapist. I've just spent an entire morning telling her how confused I am about my sexuality. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 934
You deserved it 6 619

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why are you carrying on with the relationship, taking it to the next level of meeting the family, if you can easily go on for an hour questioning your sexuality? It sounds like you're leading the guy on until you figure yourself out. Maybe stop seeing him, but keep seeing his mom.

maybe if you guys are that serious you should be able to talk to your boyfriend about it too

Comments

mentallizzard 19

I find it funny that op didn't realize her therapist and boyfriend had the same last name.

Why are you getting serious with a guy when you aren't even sure if you are straight. honestly, it sucks that his mom is your therapist, but I don't feel bad for you considering you shouldn't be meeting this guys parents in the first place and leading him to believe you really want to be with him when you aren't sure if you want to be with him or a women. Date around, experiment and see what feels right, but most importantly, tell the poor guy your dating before you decide you are gay afterall and you really hurt him.

I'm sorry if this offends you, but I really don't think it's that hard a decision. You are either one or the other or both. In my opinion, there's no confusion to be had at all, just decide.

Shinara101 14

Technically speaking, if you're not a valid patient and just someone who comes to her when she's not working, she could tell her son or anyone else for that matter. In this case, I hope you beat her to the chase if she decides to do just this.

Shinara101 14

I completely read that wrong. Damn dyslexia... I hope she's a law abiding therapist, because if not, that could turn sour really quickly.

stacey_92 12

well least she knows you, but seriously you should be able to talk to your boyfriend about it if you are serious with him.