This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By whyme95 - 23/08/2017 01:30

Today, I finalized the adoption and brought my new cat home for the first time. My lease at my current apartment expires in one month so I didn't think it made sense to pay a pet deposit there. Guess who left a note for an apartment inspection tomorrow morning? FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 834
You deserved it 3 401

Top comments

So you couldn't even wait just a month? That better be a damn good cat.

Your cat? Not only did you find a cat that can write, but one that understands lease terms and is a dick.

Comments

exileonmainst 16

Was it Jerry? From what I gather, he and Tom aren't on the best of terms..

Your cat? Not only did you find a cat that can write, but one that understands lease terms and is a dick.

What's the worst that could happen, they give you 30 days notice of demand to vacate due to breaking the terms of your lease? You're outta there in 30 days anyway. Fudge 'em.

Well at the very least I'm sure OP will have to pay the pet deposit. I'm sure the apartment place knows that OP will be gone in a month if they do evict her it will certainly be sooner than that.

They may not charge you the pet deposit, but they now have means to withhold their entire security deposit. Ours was $300, and I've seen some hit $500+.

xoxoblondee 31

ours was $800. that's what you get in LA. It was a studio apartment too!

Depending on the area, security deposits can be way higher. I lived in one place with a few roommates that took a $2500 deposit... and we had no pets so it could've been higher!

Actually there's usually a pretty hefty fine stated in the lease. At my work it's $150 immediately for cleaning costs plus a PER DAY charge for still keeping them there without sucking a corrected lease.

So you couldn't even wait just a month? That better be a damn good cat.

talaswolf 20

I hope they are like my apartment and just let it slide. I've had my cat for almost a year and even told the apartment. They have yet to ask for their pet deposit.

Lol not most ours even refused to believe she was 1 year old and we had to go get the adoption papers to prove it (she was exactly one and a tiny little thing) but then again we don't have apartment inspections...like that just sounds bizarre to me your not a child

Catlover1130 14

Could always ask a friend if they'd watch the cat for you until after the inspection.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

that's what you get for greeting a cat

Can't you just have someone mind your cat for a few days? This way they won't know you have one.