By EliTheAdorable - 28/07/2014 05:50 - United States - Grand Prairie

Today, I dyed a friend's hair dark brown. She assured me I didn't need gloves as the dye would wash off. It didn't. My shift as a server is in an hour and it looks like I've been working in a tire shop my whole life. Goodbye tips, hello angry customers not wanting me anywhere near their food. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 302
You deserved it 22 961

EliTheAdorable tells us more.

EliTheAdorable 12

All of you who gave me things to say to customers, they were hilarious! Also, I'd like to explain a little bit. The reason she didn't have any gloves for me to wear is because the hair dye she bought didn't come in a box. It was two metal tubes of the stuff in a bag, that was it! I knew better but let her talk me into it anyway. It's definitely my fault, I take full responsibility because I've dyed hair before (mine, mainly) and I know what it can do and if she had told me about it any sooner, I would have brought my own gloves. Oh well, just another funny story to tell. As for work, I went up to the restaurant (I don't live more than 2 miles away) showed my manager my hands and explained the situation. He laughed about and was understanding. Luckily, someone was able to cover my shift, I just needed to clean my hands ASAP! Thank you for all of the suggestions on how to get it off! They're returning to their normal shade of porcelain white (which makes it even more obvious) but I'm definitely going to speed up the process! Sorry for the long comment!

Top comments

But why wouldn't you wear gloves anyhow? Everybody knows those chemicals are pretty strong, and yes, stain whatever they touch

Serve them food, look them straight in the eye and calmly say, "I have the rot!"

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Negligent mistake. no way in hell is it "silly".

It's pretty dumb, not silly. Dye doesn't discriminate what it stains/colors. But at least OP can wear gloves to cover it up until it fades.

OP is just dumb on this one read the box I'm a guy and know better than putting dye on my hands and thinking it will wash off it doesn't wash off hair dose it

Not really a mistake. There is a reason why gloves come in the box. If it "stains" your hair why wouldn't it stain your skin?

I've used hair dyes that don't stain my skin. I almost always get some on my skin even though I always wear gloves. That being said, the chemicals are really not good for you. That's why you're not supposed to massage hair dye into your scalp. So OP made a pretty dumb mistake.

incoherentrmblr 21

Call out of work, I think they'll understand, though they'll be a little mad...

Eff_Itt 20

Hand sanitizer is what my sister's cosmetology school used to get it off. It works wonders!

nail polish remover works pretty well to

Op could say she has a rare skin condition. When customers question her she could get really emotional about it and she might end up getting a few good tips

That is the most beautiful manipulative thing I've ever heard.

Sorry OP, but, hey- why not work at a tire shop until your dye washes off! First Comment First Vote!

Comments like that are the fastest way to be the First Comment Buried too.

addictedtoIASIP 14

Funny thing is, the time it took to write that first comment bit was probably why he's actually the second comment.

But why wouldn't you wear gloves anyhow? Everybody knows those chemicals are pretty strong, and yes, stain whatever they touch

Even temporary dye does for a few days! Good god. Even my younger sister knows that.

I hate wearing gloves because it makes me feel like I can't get into the hair as well. I've been dying my hair eccentric colors for 4 years so I've had the stained hands. Through my experience make up wipes, acetone (like nail polish remover), or just time will take off the stain from hands, necks, and foreheads quite nicely. Anyway I just came to say I hate wearing gloves, it's a matter of preference and if you're willing to deal with the consequences.

Serve them food, look them straight in the eye and calmly say, "I have the rot!"

OP this might be the only tip you get for the night: don't listen to #4.

Ihavegas 22

wouldn't that go down as blacking up?

Or maybe OP could use dye the same colour as her skin tone on her hands.

You can't dye things lighter...that's bleaching. Though I suppose you could attempt that with bleach that's safe for use on skin....wouldn't be cheap though.

Now thats just common sense, if its strong enough to dye hair it can dye skin. At least it it'll go away.

Tell anyone who questions it that its the mashed organs of the last customer that didn't tip you.

LaColombianita 26

Your friend is dumb. Try rubbing alcohol. It works great!

6% peroxide does too. just make sure you use a good hand lotion the days after.

Use rubbing alcohol! I've gotten some on my arms before while helping a friend out and it works like a charm.