By crb25453 - 15/10/2015 05:07 - United States - Stafford

Today, I drove to my college campus for my 8 a.m. class, parked, walked the mile and a half to my classroom, just to find out class had been cancelled. The prof didn't send an email because she couldn't remember her password. I paid $1200 to be taught by this woman, who has a doctorate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 798
You deserved it 2 240

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because you have a degree doesn't mean you are any smarter.

I'm sorry, OP. It's frustrating when professors don't make a way communicate things like that. Especially for an early morning class! Hopefully she'll learn from this experience and write down her email password, or make the password "password"... or something. Haha.

Comments

Today's lesson: don't rely on memory alone when setting up passwords.

That's harsh. Everyone forgets their passwords on occasion, especially since most people use auto fill and have no reason to write them all down. Take into account it was a faculty email and not a personal one, it's easy to see how they forgot. But you're right, there are steps to take to recover a password and she should have done that for something as important as a cancelation notice.

I realise a lot of people are saying a class cancelled is super important info (which I don't disagree with) but at my uni they couldn't care less. Often you'll get an email 5-10 minutes before the class (at which point only the laziest/nearest won't already be there) or just a blue tacked sign on the door so we all come in anyway just to read a dumb sign *sigh*

Sounds like something I just read on Yik Yak Not but a few moments ago

Ugh I can relate. I had an English professor who canceled the first day and we waited an hour AFTER the class started. (Claimed she was in a "car accident") she canceled two more times after that, claiming she was sick and one she had no excuse she just posted a note on the door. Trust me, I'm glad I even passed that class.

toomanyidiots 14

What if she was telling the truth?

you waited an hour to be told class was cancelled? Pretty sure I woulda figured that one out after 15 minutes. And how do you know she didn't have a car accident?

She kept sending us messages from the front desk saying she'll be there soon and everything. And we had to wait because we had no choice

College isn't mandatory, of course you had a choice.

you are not alone who missed the memo...but does forgot password under the email not exist to your teacher or even worse the recovery questions were not recorded, and at that they are pretty simple...

Was this comment translated from another language? I feel like it should make sense but I can't get the main idea.

I think #21 is getting at is that there is often a "forgot password" link with a few security questions to recover or reset it. This is true on many websites but not usually on college email unless it is web based.

Smilesalot421 10

Continuing to support my reason. I don't want to go to college.

Now now, don't give up on using your head yet. It could end up being worth more than your body, if you treat it right.

Hate to tell you, but you'll meet irresponsible jerks in all walks of life, not just college.

To be fair... I rarely remember my passwords either.

I have often felt this way about professors. Just as often about business owners and managers.

I agree that sucks, but I think you were a little harsh. Everyone forgets passwords, especially smarter people that know better than to use "password1234".