By Jay - 02/08/2010 17:23 - United States

Today, I discovered our AOL billing information. Turns out we've been paying for dial-up via automatic bill paying that we thought we cancelled in 2000. $1,800 later, we called to cancel. Customer service congratulated us on being loyal members for over 13 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 669
You deserved it 30 854

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, fail. AOL should be changed to "LOL"

#1 How would you not notice the monthly billing deduction from your bank account? #2 Why do you even have AOL on your computer still?

Comments

talk about fake lies OP, credit cards don't have expiration dates of 10+ years. somebody updated the credit info or you made this up to get published on FML, get a life.

looney_bin 0

I hate when this crap is pulled by people who don't deserve an income. Business is about providing a service that someone wants, not leaching their money when they don't want it.

MichiSilver 0

I've been screwed over by Dial up services like that before. Though not for so long. They really are douche bags when it comes to canceling. You call and cancel and they just "happened" to loose you cancellation so a few bills later and three calls for cancellation later they finally cancel your services. Keep calling to make sure they actually canceled.

blahfreakinblah 0

have you seriously not read a bank statement in 10 years?? you so ****** deserve it.

Just don't pay it. Insist that you called them and cancelled it, pick a date and time that you remember, say 'I remember it clearly because [insert incident] was going on and I was on the phone to you at the time'. If they question it, keep fighting it, they'll eventually give up because it isn't worth their while pursuing it. If it goes further and they contest it, stick to your story, any judge will see that since you hadn't used that internet in all that time, it would be obscene for them to win ..

LOL! "Being loyal for 13 years" xD At least they thanked you xD All I could tell u now is to be careful next time =)

srgsk9 9

Had you lived in New York, you could get that money back, considering they lost a class-action lawsuit over this very issue.

yeah that's why you check to make sure it was cancelled. YDI

Um, what did 34 say? I can't see the comment ):