By Sleep_lover654 - 07/01/2016 06:46 - United States - Tempe

Today, I discovered my dog humping my sister's five month old baby while babysitting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 634
You deserved it 2 711

Sleep_lover654 tells us more.

Sleep_lover654 13

First of all, Iwanted to thank FML staff for publishing this, I didn't think they would. Anyway, I just wanted to clear up some obvious confusion here. The full story is, of course my sister dropped off her baby at my apartment. Later on, I had left the baby for her nap, naturally leaving the door open as I always saw my sister do. I went into the kitchen to make her bottle and a quick meal for me. I didn't see my dog near me but I thought nothing of it since he is always so well- behaved. Right when I finished, I heard the baby cry out but giggle, so I thought maybe she had gotten one of the toys. Clearly wrong. I went into the room to see my dog had somehow (do not ask how for I do not know) opened her crib, gotten in, and did...well, did that. I had to quickly pry him off of course but unfortunately, the image is burned into my mind.

Top comments

Comments

Hopefully the baby didn't think it was milk

Not that big of a deal. Just take the baby away from the dog and take care of him/her like you're supposed to be?

I have a dog and she is the loveliest, most gentle and cowardly dog you could ever imagine but I would never leave her alone with a baby for one second. No matter how lovely a dog is, it's still an animal. An animal that could kill that child or cause life-altering injury in a heartbeat. I think you got off lightly this time op; I appreciate you didn't anticipate this happening but I'm sure you've learned your lesson. You'll know better for next time! :)

And yes, Just before anyone says it, I know that children sometimes provoke dogs into attacking because they(the child) don't know any better so it's not always the dogs fault and yes, I know that children can be taught how to behave around dogs in order to not hurt them or scare them and therefore it's not always the crime of the century to leave a child and a dog in the same room. I'm not talking about a child though; I'm talking about a young baby which is totally different.

It's never the dog's fault. There's always human error somewhere, and not always by whomever is bitten. Sometimes it's owner fault, or breeder fault, but the dog is reacting in the only way it knows how.

That baby is getting crunk in a bad way

saffy66 34

I don't know why the comments saying the dog shouldn't have been able to get near the baby, are being voted down. Far too many kids get mauled by dogs and one was recently killed by the family dog, here in Australia, in its own home. Dogs and cats should never have unsupervised access to babies and small children.

I'm a dog lover and I know NEVER leave a baby and dig unattended in the same room, completely irresponsible op

Jwaye2 7

Not nessecarily irresponsible, in this situation it didnt work out but i trust my dog with a child more than i trust most people

At the dog park we call that asserting dominance. ... Sounds like the baby lost. This whole situation sounds wrong.

My dog did this to my 5 year old when he was laying on the floor. When I stopped him, my son already had clear liquid on his shoulder.

Dogs right! as least it didn't piss on your baby. It could have been much worse!!!