By badmom - 06/11/2015 17:02 - Canada - Saint Catharines

Today, I did such a bad job explaining the recent change from daylight savings time, that my 5-year-old son is now convinced that we're time travellers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 212
You deserved it 4 773

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BstMode 14

Just tell him you guys are the last of the time lords and when he gets old enough you'll travel through time and space in a police box!

singlwforlife 22

Let him enjoy it! Now is the time to explore your imagination a little bit too! When the excitement of being a time traveler wears down, try to explain it again then. :) No harm there!

Comments

it's not like he'll belidve it for the rest of his life. He's give, let hom dream

In away it is time travel...going back and going ahead

B... B... But we are! Twice every year, once in the spring we skip a whole hour forward. Nobody knows what happens in that hour. It's dark, it's lost... hopefully some day someone can figure out how to leave behind a recording device and find out what happens there. And once in the fall we get to skip back and relive a whole hour. But there is a problem with that one, it's not like rewinding and watching it all over... You can't screw up and then do over... so that one is also mean and brutal...

It's okay. Daylight Saving is an outdated practice, anyway.

You convinced you son that you are time travelers and your nickname is badmom? What the hell is wrong with you? That's ******* awesome.

Heartbeat94 4

This. Is awesome. And we are time travelers.

ViviMage 38

Benjamin Franklin suggested daylight savings so we could borrow an hour of sunlight in the evenings to limit the lighting at home, which were at the time oil lamps, tallow (animal fat) candles, beeswax candles, even whale oil, to reduce costs and increase productivity.

Well, we did go back one hour in time....