By Jim - 28/03/2009 01:10 - United States

Today, I decided to ask my girlfriend of 3 years to marry me. I made brownies with walnuts and put an engagement ring into the brownie I gave her. Not only did she choke on the ring, but on the way to the emergency room, I find out she is highly allergic to walnuts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 236
You deserved it 82 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Together 3 years and you didn't know she was allergic to walnuts?

llSgtScopell 0

If she says "Yes" after all that she must REALLY love you. Hahaha

Comments

A ring in a brownie? You could have broken her dang tooth! No one wants to bite down on metal! You are a ******* idiot. IDIOT!!!! Oh my god I hope no one ever puts metal in my food.

Pennstatefencer 0

I'd hate to beat a dead horse, but you're an idiot. 3 years and you didn't know? Having the condition her whole life and she wasn't smart enough to notice nuts sticking out of the damn brownie? You both have issues.

Cute, so fyl, but you really should have know, so ydi.

#42 couldn't have said it better. Also, sticking an engagement ring in brownies is ******* stupid, especially brownies with other crunchy bits - as you learned the hard way, she might not notice it. You should have put it in a moist cake, so her fork would hit it.

So...after 3 years you didn't know she was allergic to walnuts? Hmm...

Wow. Coming from a girl, I would definitely say no if someone asked me to marry them by shoving the ring in a brownie. Seriously? Who does that? I vote not cute. Get down on one knee and ask like a ******* gentleman.

@46, there is definitely something to be said for creativity. You can live in your fairytale world if you want where every man is perfectly chivalrous and acts just like the guy in Twilight, but I'll live in the real world where chivalry died the moment girls started being bitchy and started having an undeserved sense of entitlement. I'm not defending putting it in a brownie - that is a terrible way to do it. However, something special and creative will be infinitely more memorable than a guy doing it the standard way. I hope you meet the perfect guy, but he doesn't propose to you just like Cosmo said he should.

I'm sorry, but after three years, you are only now finding out she is highly allergic to walnuts? There is something hinky on that one.

BamxBitch 0

I have to say, putting the ring in a brownie was pretty stupid. It also seems like you probably should of known she was allergic. I'm gonna have to say YDI.

loopy_fml 0

Been together 3 years, and a walnut allergy was never mentioned?