By Jim - 28/03/2009 01:10 - United States

Today, I decided to ask my girlfriend of 3 years to marry me. I made brownies with walnuts and put an engagement ring into the brownie I gave her. Not only did she choke on the ring, but on the way to the emergency room, I find out she is highly allergic to walnuts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 236
You deserved it 82 594

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Together 3 years and you didn't know she was allergic to walnuts?

llSgtScopell 0

If she says "Yes" after all that she must REALLY love you. Hahaha

Comments

you_not_me_OWNED 0

if she says yes, this will be a story that the 2 of you will remember for the rest of your lives, and one day you'll be looking back on it and laughing.

mystiktrueno 0

...and that's why you NEVER put the ring inside of food or in a glass of wine. and you never figured out her allergies after 3 years?

Spiffy 0

After 3 years shouldn't you know that she's allergic to walnuts?

killersfan 0

a) awful way to propose. b) how do you not know she's allergic to nuts???????????????????????!!!!!!!

meaganwas 0
lolyouareanidiot 0

Only an idiot puts a ring inside a baked good. That is reason enough for her not to marry you. Even if she were not allergic, what would have happened if she cracked a tooth or the ring? The stupidity of people amazes me sometimes.

fantome_fml 0

A note for next time, guys may think that baking engagement rings into food is romantic...girls don't. Next time be straight forward, and pay attention when she's talking to you because "I'm allergic to walnuts" is usually second date conversation material.

that sucks, but i think you probably should have known about the walnuts if you've been with her for over three years.