By Jim - 28/03/2009 01:10 - United States

Today, I decided to ask my girlfriend of 3 years to marry me. I made brownies with walnuts and put an engagement ring into the brownie I gave her. Not only did she choke on the ring, but on the way to the emergency room, I find out she is highly allergic to walnuts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 236
You deserved it 82 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Together 3 years and you didn't know she was allergic to walnuts?

llSgtScopell 0

If she says "Yes" after all that she must REALLY love you. Hahaha

Comments

i clicked both fyl and ydi because you should have known that she was allergic to walnuts but that REALLY sucks dude. :( also what the person above me said..your gf should have checked for walnuts.

what #6 said, how could you possibly not know that she was allergic to walnuts after 3 years? And why would you ever PUT A RING IN A ******* BROWNIE!??! really, that was just dumb, i'm glad she didn't die from your stupidity.

5ive 0

no offense or anything, but this FML story sorta sounds far fetched & fake. idk.. i'm just thinking this story is TOO fukked up

@ #13. Either that or this guy is the biggest moron.

TheNameless_fml 0

How did you not know that your girlfriend of THREE YEARS was allergic to walnuts?!

arienh4 0

You didn't know that after 3 years? That's really strange. YDI.

you put the ring in a brownie? see, that's why clichés exist, because you couldn't have messed-up with putting it in champagne!

Not true. What if his GF doesn't drink? Or just doesn't like champagne? Or what if she doesn't like the idea of putting a germ-covered ring inside her drink? *shudder*

i'm not gonna say you deserved that. you were trying to be thoughtful and romantic with your proposal and it went horribly wrong. her food allergies might not have come up during the time that you've known her. i've had people in my life that i've known for many years but didn't find out about something they're allergic to until more recently, so i'm not really going to blame you for that. it's really not that unheard of to me. but seriously whether it was 3 years 3 months or 3 hours, i don't think anybody deserves to accidentally have something like this happen to the person they wanna spend their whole life with. sorry man. might be a long shot, but i hope she still says yes. just make sure the wedding cake doesn't have any nuts.

damn using brownies for proposal? you went all out for that one didn't you.. no really, it must be a huge feat for someone who is as oblivious as to not knowing what their girlfriend of 3 years is allergic to. gj, bud

A) I hope you 2 never have kids B) wayyyyyy to be original on that proposal C) Next time carry an epi pen and jam it into her thigh this will give her enough time to say either "No" "Yes" or "You sonfoabitch get me to a hospital now before I choke you with this brownie"