By anew27 - 07/06/2013 05:48 - United States

Today, I could no longer handle the drum music in the apartment below me so I went to kindly ask the little old lady to shut it off before she goes to bed. Her neighbor came out while I knocked to tell me she is out of town and the music is constant so her cats don't get lonely. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 219
You deserved it 3 345

anew27 tells us more.

OP here, if it was Ted Nugent I was partaking of, I would kindly ask her to turn it up.

Top comments

perdix 29

Lonely? They have all those mice, birds and chipmunks to play with! Why did the old lady leave? Did she have a 20-minute one-sided argument with the cat and decide to leave for an extended time?

mpj13 8

Was it cat scratch fever playing?

Comments

crazytwinsmom 25

I had a cat that threw up in my suitcase when I'd pack for a trip. I had to start hiding it from him.

BellaBelle_fml 23

They can and do feel loneliness. They can also feel sad and grieve death. After my grandmother passed away, her cat, that she had since her birth and was 17 when she passed, was constantly searching for her, whining for her, she stopped eating and drinking, and eventually got to the point where she was so malnourished that the only humane option was to have her put down. Another example is my own cat, Fienchetto. We had to put down his sister, Muffin, just a few months ago due to kidney failure. We are all heart broken of course, and so is he. They were so close that they were almost always together, playing, eating and drinking together, cuddled up with each other, and gave each other baths. He is always looking for her all over the house, meowing for her to come and play, and now he won't eat or drink unless someone is with him. My cats have been able to perceive when I am upset or sad, and have comforted me numerous times. They have wiped the tears from my eyes, snuggled up and purred by my face, and have even just laid on my stomach facing me and put their paw on my cheek as though they were telling me everything was going to be fine, just like a friend would do. Cats are very sensitive perceptive animals.

Cats miss the stuff the owner gave them, not that owner. Just because you've seen what looks like loneliness in cats, doesn't mean it actually is loneliness.

My cat, Athena, used to wait at the end of the driveway for me to come home from school. My mum was in, my brother often got back before i did. She wasn't waiting for them, she was waiting for me. We had four cats at one point, her sister Sabbath, who we'd had for the same amount of time and who we treated in the same way, spent most of her time with my mother. Cats have their favourite people just like people have their favourite cats.

My one of my cats does that, he somehow even knows when I'm in a different car, he comes right up to the door and waits for attention.

daydreamer244 13

damn crazy cat ladies.... hehe xD

RemyX1 7

Wow what's with people that live in apartments and leaving radios, Tv's and alarm clocks on all the time

nishantvas 13

well you can always call the cops on her... if the music is really that much disturbing.. or the landlord

vencku 13

Calling police was my first thought. Having constant music on that disturbs the neighbours while she's away definitely sounds like a breach of peace to me. You can't kick the door in but I'm sure the police can. Or they'll just contact the landlord and get some keys. (*******.)

Cut the breaker and hope no one's on life support. Call the landlord and explain what's going on. Ask the neighbor if he has a key. Kick in the door. There's four options to deal with the issue. I'm sure you can make one of them work.

So is this lady under the impression that cats love not being able to sleep?

Poor attempt at a pun, first comment and all, now hang your head in shame.

Why didn't she just give them toys to play with or have a friend watch over them for a few days

Depending on how long she is gone, the smell will soon take your mind off the drum music.

What the hell is with all these lonely people and cats? Honestly, find a new aspect of life.