By disgusted - 13/12/2015 07:45 - United States - Logan

Today, I confessed to my coworker that I'm interested in her romantically. She turned me down, saying that I'm a great guy, but that she basically doesn't want mixed-race children. She said she isn't racist, though, so I guess it's all okay, right? FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 909
You deserved it 3 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She's a little full of herself isn't she? Who the hell said you wanted to have kids with her anyway?

Meanwhile, the melting pot continues to melt, and her genes are kept out of it another day. So there's an upside to this.

Comments

It sucks. But she was honest. Move on to someone else.

so? she's not allowed to have a preference?

CoffeeChickBlows 13

There's that codeword again. =)

RedPillSucks 31

She's definitely allowed to have a preference. She should have just said "no thank you". Adding the other stuff makes it questionable.

Why is everyone trying to defend her with "preference"? Your preference is what YOU find attractive, your possible children does not come into it. Mixed race also covers any race mixing as well, so it's not really just op's race.

'Preference' isn't just limited to the person, but also circumstance and context. For instance, if you wanted kids, but I was infertile, I'd understand if you didn't want to date me. Sure, we could adopt, but some people prefer to have their own offspring. Nothing wrong with that. See also: social status (celebrities), wealth (homeless), and life expectancy (terminal patients).

It could have been worse. She could have said yes

She's perfectly fine. that's her right, and there is nothing wrong with that.