By Alanis - 21/07/2012 01:59 - United States

Today, I confessed to my co-worker that I've secretly loved him for months. He laughed hysterically for about a minute straight before shaking his head and excusing himself from the store. Even the fact that my boss fired him for leaving early isn't cheering me up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 456
You deserved it 4 042

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Laughing on his part was wrong. But really, why are people confessing love to coworkers especially if they are unsure if the feelings are mutual. It puts both of you in a real awkward position. IMO, telling someone you like them or asking them on a casual date is way more appropriate then confessing love. That comes off real intense and many people don't know how to react.

keep your head up! He obviously wasn't for you!

Comments

I'm an he sounds like a dick. Hope u feel better

If only someone posted: Today, I was confronted by my co-worker, whom I secretly been in love with, and she confessed her love for me. Getting extremely psyched up, I started laughing uncontrollably, so I decided to go outside for fresh air. My boss then fired me for 'leaving my job early.'

I think your co-worker should write a FML...

If you didn't know him well enough to know he'd laugh at you you probably didn't know him well enough to love him. What did you expect? You've never gone on a date with him, he didn't even know you were remotely interested until you proclaimed love. Did you read that FML awhile back about the creepy homeless man who'd been watching that lady for awhile and then proclaimed love out of the blue? You're only a little better than that creepy homeless due to actually working with the guy. Yes, it hurts to have your feelings laughed at, but it's also scary and creepy to have someone suddenly proclaim love with no warning. Next time start slow with a "Hey, I have a bit of a crush on you" or "Want to go out for coffee some time?". Not "Hey, can you take a look at these number. By the way...I LOVE YOU! I'VE BEEN WATCHING AND LOVING YOU FOR MONTHS! LOVE ME BACK!"

christi_im21 12

Well there goes my plans to confess my feelings