This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 16/05/2018 19:00

Today, I checked the comments on the YouTube channel I started a few days ago. Almost all of them were insults about my appearance. The main reason I started the channel in the first place was to be more comfortable with how I look. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 991
You deserved it 833

Top comments

Gotta prepare for trolls man. If you start a YouTube channel, you have to expect them.

Oh god, please don't let this turn her into another youtube beauty vlogger.

Comments

blondie45 21

Take it as a compliment! At least if people are commenting they’re taking notice of you. You’d be far more upset if you’d been ignored... and the most famous gorgeous celebrities out there get trashed all the time on YouTube so you’re in good company!

People are assholes. Don’t stop doing what you love just because of some dickheads. You got this

Don't ever look at comments sections on media sites. And if you do, ignore all the hateful assholes (which is roughly 99% of them, 1% error margin). I bet most of those are unhappy about their own looks and attack others just to feel better about themselves.

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

Whether or not you're comfortable with your appearance doesn't depend on the opinions of others or support from others. All that stuff you hear about external appearance being unimportant, what's inside mattering more and confidence really does become true when you become secure with yourself. The internet is NOT a good place to seek validation and reassurance and no matter what you do, there will always be people that don't like your appearance. The issue isn't with others, it's with what you think of yourself and caring too much about what others think of you. (Jurbla makes a good point: you can't control others, only yourself)

Catlover1130 14

Just make a video directly referencing those ugly comments and proudly say that you're comfortable with your appearance and nothing they say is gonna make any difference. Those people are insecure little babies who have to make themselves feel better by putting others down. If you show them you're not bothered and laugh in their faces they will eventually go away.

Ignore the hate and don't give up ;3