By heatproblems - 19/12/2009 20:10 - United States

Today, I can't get my heat to turn off. It is currently 87 degrees Fahrenheit in my house, and my heat is running non-stop. It's about 20 degrees outside with over a foot of snow on the ground, so a repairman can't come out to fix it. My electricity bill will be about $1000. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 823
You deserved it 3 569

Same thing different taste

Top comments

NotEven 0

Why can't they come fix it? It's called an emergency call, that's what they do. I can't believe a foot of snow is stopping any legitimate HVAC repairman from coming to your house. I would try calling someone else.

Open a window, that'll at least make it more comfortable.

Comments

haha.. i love how this "add a comment" thing asks people to "try and be respectful" and everyone says **** that. classic!

There are many ways to solve this: 1) Turn off the electricity to the heater by turning off the circuit breaker 2) Turn off the gas at the cut off. Really easy to do this so I'm not sure if this is a FML.

we sure are getting a crap load of snow today though!

FMLable 0

Seriously, a foot of snow? 20F? Where do you live? (I'm on the app, don't harass me people : p) We regularly reach -40C (which is also -40F) and get snow drifts of up to 5 feet. Our lives don't stop - we don't even get snow days >.>

ahah lucky if there is an inch of skool then they clothes skools! and its all over our local news!!!! i would hateeeee to have snow drifts like tht...

Looks like you need as much time in school as you can get...

y do u say tht? lol cuz my typos. I can write very well, let me tell you. I just type like crap online because when I get back to school I have to be all proper like this.

I find it incredibly difficult to shut my brain off. Typing like shit on purpose usually impedes me and makes me type even /slower/. I don't even understand that kind of mentality...

I don't see how having to type properly in school has anything to do with typing like that online. If anything, it's more of a reason for you to type properly all the time. If you're used to doing it all the time, you'd be better at it in school. Of course, I don't even know why I bother arguing with you about it.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

WTF OP YOU THINK A FOOT OF SNOW IS A BIG DEAL?!??!?!?!? Where I live, no one has ever seen the ground because its always covered in at least 30 feet of snow, the temperature has never gone above -90 degrees and we have to ride our caribou to school even during the worst snowstorms!!111 my grandpa has been frozen to the same spot for 50 years! We have to trek 800 miles just to see the sunlight!!! you don't know nothing OP!!

The OP wasn't complaining about snow. He was complaining about his heat. READ the post, THEN comment.

It's called a breaker box. By flipping a switch you can turn off electricity to stuff. The best part is that instead off turning off everything in the house you can turn off specific stuff like, idk, the heater? And since you said it's 87 in the house and 20 outside it's going to be a few hours before it gets to around 60, then you just turn the heater on for an hour and repeat till the heater gets fixed.

I know for a lot of you, a foot of snow is no big deal. That foot this person had earlier is now closer to two feet and all the malls closed early, the weekend before Christmas. We don't see this kind of snow here but maybe once a decade. We don't have the know how or equipment to deal with it like you do up north. So no, repairmen won't come out in this stuff. On the other hand, there is no reason you can't turn off the gas and cut the furnace power or hit the breaker switch, no reason to be helpless here.

ok 1 wth does YDI mean???? and omg thos snow SUX and lastly u should at least be happy ur warm man....or woman w/e-but tht still sux!

circuit breaker pendejo!!!! duh. why didn't you think of that already?

Es un idiota el guey haha it's very easy to stop this...............get your head out of your ass

If you're having heat problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but the heat ain't one.