By Username - 18/02/2011 05:19

Today, I came home to a lease violation and a $220 fine after a routine pest control visit. The violation: my single beta fish in a small bowl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 459
You deserved it 4 962

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If the lease says no pets then you totally deserve it.

ryukk_fml 3

wtf? how is that a lease violation?

Comments

RainWind 0

A fish... I'd write back claiming it was sushi.

Contest it. You could potentially be in breach of a contractual condition if they can successfully argue that a 'reasonable person' would have interpreted 'no pets' to include a fish. You would need to search previous cases to see if anything has come up in your jurisdiction and what the ruling was. You could also respond as #71 stated and say that it was to form part of a special dinner you were making.. fresh food is important to many.. Either way, I wouldn't pay the fine and would use the money to buy a decent tank with the right equipment for that little fighter you have - you'll know he's happy when he starts making a bubble nest.

U r completely within ur rights to contest it! And t presiding member will favour u coz they're sick of petty crap in court!

I ******* hate such strict policies. FYL

YDI for keeping a betta in a small bowl. They should not be in small bowls, nor in large bowls. They should be in a pretty large fish tank. Fish go crazy in bowls and in small tanks.

Betta fish shouldn't be kept in a small bowl. They need a heater, too, I doubt you could fit one of those in a bowl :/ Anyhow, it's the first time I ever hear about such a situation 0.0

STOP DOING TEXT SPEAK!!!! IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU SOUND COOL AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO I COULD BARELY ******* UNDERSTAND!!!! THIS APPLIES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You shouldn't keep them in small spaces. Mine lives in a large tank on his own and he's a very happy fish. He plays in the filter

YDI for having a fish in a bowl. Minimum for a betta fish is 5 gallons.