By Anonymous - 26/11/2017 05:00

Today, I called my daughter a wimp and insisted her pain can't be that bad. She left in tears. Later, I got a call from her doctor informing me that she has trigeminal neuralgia, one of the most painful diseases known to man. I'm an asshole. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 576
You deserved it 10 453

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Time to apologize. Profusely, and at great length.

PhantomCrevan 8

Why do I get the feeling that the OP will spend a few weeks sucking up to his daughter, then slowly revert back to not believing her when she doesn't get better? Either way, OP is lucky that his daughter wasn't suicidal (or, I would hope not), otherwise he'd likely be short a daughter (which he hopefully isn't) because trigeminal neuralgia has a very high suicide rate, especially in locations with excessively strict regulations on pain medication. Scrape and bow, OP- or do something that says that you believe her, like getting her one of those ice/heat packs that you wear on your head.

Comments

Pure garbage father. I dealt with this when I reached puberty and suffered 5 years not being believed for my open pain until I moved in with my grandparents just before turning 16, and that was only migraines I've now got trigeminal and occipital neuralgia from a car accident 5 years ago, on top of those migraines. ANY pain my daughters have ever claimed to have was and always will be taken seriously and immediately because suffering alone is one of the worst feelings. Learn sympathy and empathy, maybe humanity too.

I see you didn't even go to the doctor with her. You're a write off as a father

why would you be so mean to your own daughter?