By lylethomes15 - 21/04/2009 13:48 - United States

Today, I brought my dog to the vet for a routine surgery. The vets assured me that no dog had ever died during this procedure. Apparently my dog was the first. FML
I agree, your life sucks 129 721
You deserved it 5 344

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So sorry. They should at least pay for a new puppy.

Comments

icedrake523 2

Very sad to hear. Unfortunately, these things happen. Sorry it had to happen to you.

Routine surgery where "no dog had ever died from this procedure" is crap. If this isn't fake, then you shouldn't have believed that, no matter how minor the surgery may have been. But still, FYL, sorry for your loss, RIP OP's dog.

I work @ a vet clinic and let me tell you, these things happen. Sure, they probably happenn to 1 out of 1,000 cases but it DOES happen that a dog or a cat dies during a routine surgery .Not because of us but because of an underlying health problem, mostly. If people would only allow us to run full bloodworks before every surgery, we would be able to prevent these things even more so but blood work is expensive and therefore, most people decline it. I am sorry for your loss.

aww i am so sorry :( what kind of surgery was it ?

wowfmlife 0

#60: I thought about it, I still come up with idiot. Not only did they sign the paper, but they probably didnt read it. Also, now they are complaining on the internet about it. They deserve it

BulldogQB4 0

I'm so sorry man. #2, it's not like an XBOX or a phone. You can't just replace it like that. I had my two dogs die during the football season, after we took state we got another dog, he's not a replacement, he's an addition.

prog1 0

Ouch. That sucks. I'm sorry, man.

What the heck kind of surgery was that, anyway? ... still I'm so sorry :/ it's like losing a younger brother...

ehroo 1

Aww. I'm sorry. your vet really shouldn't have said that though.