By lylethomes15 - 21/04/2009 13:48 - United States

Today, I brought my dog to the vet for a routine surgery. The vets assured me that no dog had ever died during this procedure. Apparently my dog was the first. FML
I agree, your life sucks 129 721
You deserved it 5 344

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So sorry. They should at least pay for a new puppy.

Comments

wow 44 is such a dumbass, get off this site little kid

You need to sue the shit out of that vet. Also, anyone who says you deserved it needs to go play in traffic, especially #44.

wowfmlife 0

#89 if you can say I'm stupid without knowing me, then I can say whatever I want about the OP. I don't exactly mean that he deserved for his dog to die, it just irritates me that he signed the papers saying that his dog could die and is now complaining about it on the internet. If he actually read the paper, he would be so shocked that the dog died, I'm sure the forms explain all the risks clearly. Also, I chose YDI because a pet dying isn't the end of the world so it shouldn't be a FML.

Your a little heartless aren't you? You might have pets you might not, but a lot of people are attached to their pets. I would be really upset if one of my dogs would die. If like a death of a family member to some people, so don't go around saying what is a fml and what not.

wowfmlife 0

Also, #89, you're telling someone not to jump down others' throats and you're the one calling me stupid. Sorry, I just don't like animals or people who don't consider consequences and then whine about it. Its always their fault.

Fireball01 0

Omg thts so sad, How are people possibly saying YDI?

Suing is retarded course of action. Money won't bring the dog back. My condolences, dogs are some of the best things in the world and it sucks to lose them.

thellamanator 0

omg im so sorry for your loss. that doctor must have been some kind of hack job to kill your dog during a "routine surgery"

Good luck suing. Most reputable vet clinics have you sign a waiver that you understand the risks, etc... Second, surgery is surgery no matter how 'routine' it is. Reactions to anesthetics, for animals, is rather uncommon (less than 1%) but it does occur and is deadly (guessing that's what happened). My dad (and sister) are vets. He sees usually like 1 animal at MOST a year that has that allergy. Had one die earlier this year. Lady was upset and threatened to sue. He didn't have to do anything but he decided he'd not charge her for the other animal she had brought in at the same time (spayed first, no problems) and have his clinic pay for a private cremation for her. Made her happy but he wasn't obliged to do jack squat for her because of the waiver.