By Anonymous - 06/08/2009 00:47 - United States

Today, I borrowed my dad's laptop to type an essay. While I was saving it, I noticed some curious looking files and I opened them. They were rejection letters from all the colleges I had applied to. My dad had been forging them so he wouldn't have to pay for my tuition bills. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 644
You deserved it 3 487

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Imawhalerider 0

Asshole, he should of told you he couldn't afford them so you had time to get a job and to apply for some scholarships. Sorry that your dad is a coward and a selfish bastard (assuming he didn't just lost his job) but then he wouldn't have enough time to forge them. pre-meditated bastardness.

dick move! does he not want you to go to school and be successful?

Comments

That is really disappointing. You could always explain to the colleges you applied to right (I have no idea since I haven't exactly gotten to that stage in life yet)? That should be a heavy guilt that could burden him; ruining his daughter's chance at succession in her future. I hope you can manage to guilt trip him, or at least chew him out so he knows how upset you are. Who cares if you went into his private files? You know that he's been doing something in the wrong now. God damn what a selfish man...

ICallKyo 3

if your dad wants you to grow to be 50 working in MacDonalds then... This is so horrible i don't even know what to say. Dude get a college loan

People with good photoshop skills can produce excellent forged letters that are identical to the real deal fyi. ESPECIALLY since OP never saw the originals and can't compare. The OP's father seems the type to have experience in fraud, too...

people are stupid how could anyone possibly deserve this????

Douchebag move by your dad, he should've had the balls to tell you to take out some student loans. But in the end YDI for expecting someone else to pay for your continuing education.

All these people saying ydi for assuming that he would pay. What if they actually had a conversation about it and he had told the op that he would pay. Or could have been one of those situations were all their life he was like "You can't have blah blah blah because it's going towards your college fund." The guys an asshole and doesn't deserve children.

That's pretty messed up. If you really have a black heart for him you could probably stir up a lawsuit. I'm sure there's some laws about forging official university documents, etc, etc...

LMAO.. Woow Your Dadss ****** Up. Hope Its not too late for you too go