By Anonymous - 06/08/2009 00:47 - United States

Today, I borrowed my dad's laptop to type an essay. While I was saving it, I noticed some curious looking files and I opened them. They were rejection letters from all the colleges I had applied to. My dad had been forging them so he wouldn't have to pay for my tuition bills. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 644
You deserved it 3 487

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Imawhalerider 0

Asshole, he should of told you he couldn't afford them so you had time to get a job and to apply for some scholarships. Sorry that your dad is a coward and a selfish bastard (assuming he didn't just lost his job) but then he wouldn't have enough time to forge them. pre-meditated bastardness.

dick move! does he not want you to go to school and be successful?

Comments

Snooopy_fml 5

#4 youre an asshole. OP youre father is an asshole who doesnt need kids if he doesnt want to take care of them.

You Dad is not obligated to pay for your school. He should be smart enough to delete the fake letters. Still, what he did was wrong in so many ways. At some point you should tell him you know. You could use it as a response to something stupid he says. "... like the rejection letters from the schools I applied to that you forged". You don't have to tell him how you know.

Your father just ****** up your entire future because he doesn't want to spent money. Seriously, if you still talk to him after that you have to self respect at all. Just because he is family doesn't mean you have to talk to him anymore. That is earned. And he my friend has not earned that.

georgina_rmrz 5

Sucks, but you should pay for your own college..

Fog_of_bodem 0

Wow that is terrible parenting your dad is the worst kind of person

This is a perfect example of the "Entitled Generation" that plagues the United States today. You damn kids these days expect everything in life to just be ******* handed to you and everyone else has to pay for your welfare. If you weren't smart enough to work hard in school and get a scholarship then get a job to pay for it or join the Military like I did to pay for your college instead of expecting everyone else to pay for your shit. It will be hard but at least you will build some damn character in the process. I don't blame your paps for not wanting to pay. (Though i will give you that he should have just been honest and not a sneaky sleaze about it)

endurancefan212 21

Excuse me! That's a really huge generalization to make. My parents have paid for both my brother and I to go to school and that makes me work just as hard as someone who's paid for it on their own. Why? Because I'm not the ungrateful brat you think everyone in this generation is. In fact, I'm currently a junior expected to graduate a semester early and have a 3.7 GPA because I work hard and don't want to waste my parents' money (which they worked hard for). How's that for an entitled, spoiled, brat?

doglover100 28

He just messed up your future.