By Anonymous - 24/02/2011 10:34 - United States

Today, I asked my dad what his plans for Friday were. Apparently, he's going to a concert with my step-mom all evening. It's been their plan for months. Friday is my birthday. That's been set since the day I was born. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 239
You deserved it 7 051

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't see the issue. The concerts are only on specific days, if it was something they really wanted to see, Friday would be the only day they could go. Why can't his parents go to the concert and celebrate OPs birthday all day on the Saturday? If this was me in this situation I'd let them go to their concert and just suggest we go out for dinner the next day or any time that weekend to celebrate my birthday. And not bitch about it on FML. OP, get over it.

Comments

Miss_Jazzalyn 4

These things happen. This year on my mum's birthday I was at my friend's 17th all day and for my dad's birthday I was away for the weekend with some other friends. And last year I had my 21st but couldn't celebrate it until about 3 weeks after and on the actual day of my 21st I had to be up at 6:30am because I had an exam that day. We're not complaining. Maybe do something the next day or previous or do something on the night with other people.

So ur birthday is always on Friday ? nice TGIFridays

FMLFMLFMLtimes2 0

Dude? Grow up. I didn't even have a 13th birthday party, and yes I'm still 13. You put up and FML because your dad and stepmom or whatever are leaving for a once in a lifetime concert on your birthday. For real, telling total truth here, I'd actually be glad for them. Don't pity yourself too much, lucky.

FMLFMLFMLtimes2 0

Wait, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be so mean. LOL i'm sorry. =( I just thought back to what I did on my 13th, and it was nothing. No friends. No parents. No anything. (It was on June 26th, that's why) I THOUGHT THE 13TH WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IMPORTANT. But whatever

Make ur own party and have ur friends mess up ur house

MyLifeIsGreat_ha 0

FYL for being un-noticeable andor hated by your family

amh721 0

My parents haven't done anything for my birthday since I was a little kid. It really isn't a big deal...it's not like you accomplished anything. Millions of people don't care about birthdays and you shouldn't expect to be treated like a princess, you're not a child.

cajekraze 7

It's just a birthday. Why is it such a big deal that the world should stop for you. grow up