By creeped_out_ - 24/06/2009 21:34 - United States

Today, I am currently grounded for three weeks, have no car, cell phone, or television privileges, and am not allowed to spend more than 10 minutes on the computer a day. The reason why: I was seven minutes past my 9'oclock curfew. I'm 18. FML
I agree, your life sucks 85 844
You deserved it 13 540

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh_dee 0

so you spent your ten computer minutes to write an fml? that's kind of fml worthy in itself.....

doodlebug93 0

Comments

fretforyerlatte 0

i feel your pain. being 18 didn't count for shit in my parent's house. even mine were more reasonable than that, but i'd get some evil ass looks coming in a couple mins late. but when i was 18 my curfew was 12, not 9. yeeeesh. definitely time to work on moving out. start looking for roommates! oh wait. you can't use the phone, car, computer, or go out. i really hope at least with all these rules you aren't paying rent also, because that would be total bullshit.

Seti_fml 0

I'm glad my parents were never like this lol I haven't ever had a curfew I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably betrayed their trust somehow, there has to be more to this than just you coming back 10 minutes late. You probably reeked of smoke or alcohol, something like that.

CatieBabey 0

I doubt it. If they are 18 and their curfew is 9, the OP's parents must be super extreme and probably WOULD ground them for coming in 7 minutes late... and OP FYL. I sincerely hope you are going away to college in the fall, and if your parents aren't letting you, get a job, save up, file for financial aid and get the **** out of there come spring. And sub-lease an apartment near your school in the summer, cuz I know from experience nothing is worse than having freedom all year then returning home to be treated like a child again.

birds_fml 7

You don't like your parents' rules, then try to support yourself. I'm sure you'll be happy to live under their roof once you try to support yourself in a ghetto studio apartment on McDonald's wages. YDI.

your prob a parent, try to be in their shoes... come on 9, that is stupid!

I actually work full time at McDonald's when acting work is hard to come by and live in a really great 3 bedroom flat with 2 really close friends and still have some extra money to go out and live a real life. It's a much trickier thing to do when you're a student, which the OP quite possibly is and therefore doesn't have another option other than living at home. This guy is legally an adult and really shouldn't have to deal with such strict rules at home. Don't act like you were the perfect little child either, no one needs your condescending bull.

JRo 0

LOL that blows, my curfew at 18 when I still lived at home was whenever I showed up.

I'm not sure if I believe this... That's insanely harsh.

How the hell were you able to post this then?

Terra93 0

If you pay for the car/phone or whatever it is not legal. Move out or just point out how stupid/annoying they are being. (works in my house) I am 16 and don't have a curfew.

nixxx90 0

Your life was fckd before that if you're 18 with a 9 o'clock curfew. Sounds like your parents suck.