By smidgit - 19/05/2016 17:32

Today, after many days of messing around with wording and pictures, a huge and expensive printed card order came in to the office. I spelt the first word wrong. I can't get a refund. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 899
You deserved it 9 846

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sohigh10 34

Why would you get a refund for something you screwed up?

I really hate the new FML buttons, just go back to "You Deserved It" please

Comments

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Wheel, looks like you mad a file out of ourself!

Easy to tell most people clicked on this could've been me thinking it was ydi. This is easily one that falls under ydi yet for some reason it's a this could've happened to me (which is just dumb since this literally 99% of FMLs fall under that).

I really hate the new FML buttons, just go back to "You Deserved It" please

No, it isn't. I also have the useless "this could've happened to me" button. Are there any rules, when which button apears or is it totally random? Would be nice if we would go back to only YDI.

I've been getting this problem too.

Even if it is here for this fml, what about others? I have seen several clear ydi but in it's place was it coulda happened to me. please just give us back the old ydi. yeah it's nice on ones that don't deserve it, but come on.

sohigh10 34

Why would you get a refund for something you screwed up?

hellobobismyname 24

That's exactly what I was thinking.. Why should the card printing company lose so much money over your mistake, OP? If it was such an expensive order, then you should have double, triple checked it. I know I would have checked at least 10 times and then make someone else check it too, in case I was blind that day. Completely your fault. It sucks, but you totally deserved that.

It is for this reason you get someone to proofread it. It is very easy to miss an error when you spend so much time on something. Not a YDI, but very close.

didn't you let someone check it first..?

megs925 16

This is why it's best to triple check those kinds of things.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but the correct word is spelled, not spelt

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I've heard that people from Europe (and maybe elsewhere) use "spelled" and "spelt" interchangeably. If that's the case, she didn't really spell it incorrectly.

that depends where you're from. Either is correct depending on your region

That's pretty much what I said so I agree haha

It's like burned vs burnt. They are both correct, but the "t" is somewhat archaic.

ulissey_fml 22

I know somebody's mum in Algeria who could help you with the correct spelling issue. I also have come across many , many people in countless FMLs, including this one, who could have benefited from her help too. I could not have SPELT it any clearer, could I ?