By creeped_out_ - 24/06/2009 21:34 - United States

Today, I am currently grounded for three weeks, have no car, cell phone, or television privileges, and am not allowed to spend more than 10 minutes on the computer a day. The reason why: I was seven minutes past my 9'oclock curfew. I'm 18. FML
I agree, your life sucks 85 843
You deserved it 13 539

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh_dee 0

so you spent your ten computer minutes to write an fml? that's kind of fml worthy in itself.....

doodlebug93 0

Comments

You're eighteen... You must've been a really bad kid when you were younger

Clearly, he wasn't bad enough if his parents still get worked up over being 7 minutes late for a 9:00(wtf?) curfew.

Actually, it's quite likely real. I've seen a parents who're strict to that extent before, as well ones who're worse. I've got friends, who have parents that won't let them do anything, beyond eat, sleep and use the washroom, if they don't keep their grades at 98% or higher. What I'd love to know, is why most parents... are on either one extreme or the other, all I ever see is parents who're abusively strict, or the other end, parents who don't give a shit, as long as you aren't bothering them...Where are all the ones who're actually good parents, who reach a good middle ground?

I have them. I'd get good grades, and they'd let me do whatever I want on the weekend. Stumble in at dawn, etc. As adults, we are very close friends. I truly feel sorry to all the parents that fight so hard to keep their kids by their side in the wrong way (strict ridiculous curfews, etc), then lose them later on in life.

dontaskdonttell 0

How odd that you don't hear much about any of the GOOD ones on FML?

because good ones don't **** your life :)

EFF_MY_LIFE_202 0

I had a curfew throughout high school and I still do when I'm home from college, but my parents are pretty mellow about it and I've never had problems or fought with them about it as long as they knew where I was. I think if you have parents who trust their kids and kids who dont abuse that trust then it's all good.

You gotta have a talk with your parents. Unless you're ridiculously irresponsible and have gotten into trouble a lot in the last few years, there's no reason you should have that kind of curfew or face such a harsh punishment for being 7 freakin' minutes late. Good luck getting through the punishment.

That's your parents' gentle way of suggesting you get a job and move the hell out.

anonymous2323 0

Agreed #14 I'm 17 and my curfew is 10:00, which I think is ridiculous, but 9:00 is even worse. that just sucks. I think you should have a serious talk with your parents.

Ms_Thingie 0

WOW I'm 12 well I'm turning 13 in September and my curfew is 11:00 and ur 18 and ur curfew is 9:00!!!!!!

paige38 0

What does a 12-13 year old need to be out at 11 anyways?

kdavy01 4

I'm 15 and I have to have EVERTHING off and in bed by 11 or I'm screwed

Well he doesn't legally have to LISTEN to them, but they don't legally have to FEED his ass, either, so...

mash2 0

Tell them to **** off. And move out asap.

I call bs. they take EVERYTHING away except for 10 minutes of Internet so you can post avout it on fml? YDI

Sleepwalker418 0

FYL if you think it takes ten minutes to type out an FML and post it.

heavenandhell 0

Just because it says today, ... dosent mean it actualy happend today he could be done his punishment and is now posting the FML

RosarioRivera 0

it says "i am currently" so that means it is recent.

rustyrox 0

:( time to move out!! This is the reason why kids go crazy when they go to college, crazy parents who don't let their kids have a life. .

dude your life sucks... arent you going to college soon anyways?