By Tattoo_Freak - 14/08/2015 11:08 - South Africa - Roodepoort

Today, I am 1,000 days sober and drug-free. I suffer from depression and I am craving terribly. I have a migraine and a bladder infection. And I can deal with all of this. But what I can't deal with is my dipshit coworker asking if I want to go out for drinks and snort cocaine to celebrate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 074
You deserved it 2 449

Tattoo_Freak tells us more.

Tattoo_Freak 15

OP here. Thank you guys and girls for all this amazing support! I am truly humbled. #17, I have read and re-read your message. Thank you so very much. #108, Congratulations to your mom! It is always great to hear of other people's success. #134, 49 days and going strong. Well done! Take it one day at a time. To everyone I haven't mentioned, please know that I have read all of your comments, and I will continue to read them every day. It is support like this that keeps me going during the difficult and dark times.

Top comments

I think your coworker took the "share a coke with" advertisement a bit too literally.

Wow, that sucks. Your coworker sounds really inconsiderate. Sorry OP

Comments

Your coworker is an ass and also congratulations on 1000 days sober! Good for You keep it up!

Major props to you, OP. 1,000 days sober and drug free is a HUGE accomplishment!

Yatta yatta, congrats and coworker sucks right. You wanted to hear something like that right? Because this is just ridiculous and far-fetched to the point of annoyance.

leogachi 15

@87 What makes you think things like this don't happen? Chances are, the coworker was making an extremely inappropriate joke, but that doesn't make it less awful.

Ninjerman 7

Congratulations on staying clean!! I know its hard, but you're stronger than your craving!!!

Congrats on your sobriety, especially in those tough circumstances!

Don't think I've ever given anything up for that long, props to you. Your coworker sounds like an upstanding person who needs and upstanding ass beating!

Tell him to go out for drinks and to snort some cocaine to celebrate his douchebaggery!

I would totally take that to higher ups. That is uncalled for. Stay strong OP. We may be strangers but I'm proud of what you've accomplished so far and I believe can keep it up!

JackHuason 22

Congratulations on 1000 days! Many people wish they had the will power that you have :)

less than 100 days till your bday. stay strong! 1000 days ago you chose a better life for yourself. it's been almost 3 years and you still believe it's the right call. you've got this. call someone you can talk to.