By Tattoo_Freak - 14/08/2015 11:08 - South Africa - Roodepoort

Today, I am 1,000 days sober and drug-free. I suffer from depression and I am craving terribly. I have a migraine and a bladder infection. And I can deal with all of this. But what I can't deal with is my dipshit coworker asking if I want to go out for drinks and snort cocaine to celebrate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 074
You deserved it 2 449

Tattoo_Freak tells us more.

Tattoo_Freak 15

OP here. Thank you guys and girls for all this amazing support! I am truly humbled. #17, I have read and re-read your message. Thank you so very much. #108, Congratulations to your mom! It is always great to hear of other people's success. #134, 49 days and going strong. Well done! Take it one day at a time. To everyone I haven't mentioned, please know that I have read all of your comments, and I will continue to read them every day. It is support like this that keeps me going during the difficult and dark times.

Top comments

I think your coworker took the "share a coke with" advertisement a bit too literally.

Wow, that sucks. Your coworker sounds really inconsiderate. Sorry OP

Comments

blahblah005 16

keep it up OP u should be proud of yourself u wouldnt belive how many deaths i have seen from an overdose and also how many i have saved from an overdose way to go

Congratulations on the thousand days, coming up on 30 years myself. I never got offended when people offered me a line/joint/drink - so long as they took no for an answer and dropped it. The first time they ask it's being generous and considerate, after that they are either oblivious or an asshole. Keep on keepin' on.

Good for you OP! My mom is 16 yrs clean n sober, and she is my hero. Keep doing the next right thing, it really does get better!

Tattoo_Freak 15

That's awesome! Congrats to your mom. It is truly inspiring to hear these amazing achievements. There was another comment from someone that is 30 years sober! It's fantastic. Thanks for the support.

fantastic knews well done! I can't imagine how hard it is for you to do this and i think it is amazing how well you are doing!. as for your Co worker threaten to stable his nuts if he suggests it again with a few warning shots ;)

BloodyGlass 10

Call the cops on them, see how they like getting ****** up the ass.

sarcasticjane 27

First of all, congratulations on your sobriety! Keep it up, OP! Secondly, individuals like your co-worker have not yet made the decision to change. Or are just complete idiots that do not appreciate or understand the choices you have made. Either way, you walking away from the temptation and the acknowledgement of the negativity from said co-worker is proof of the strength and power you give yourself! Good job keeping your power instead of giving it away! Keep rocking on!

Wow congratulations don't know much about AA & NA in South Africa but here in the States I heard that used as a joke many times in meetings remember the best protection against addiction is your recovery family and helping the next guy in line

again congratulations I think my response would be why don't we play Russian roulette instead with six bullets you go first also don't hesitate to seek medical help for depression just make sure the doctor is well educated on addiction

good job op, maybe sock him in the face next time???