By onyx_the_cat - 14/02/2014 03:49 - United States - Zion

Today, I aced my solo during my band concert. My parents were asleep the whole time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 854
You deserved it 4 442

onyx_the_cat tells us more.

The situation is more moral grey than I can describe. My mom has back problems and they get worse during winter, so she was in a lot of pain. She was in so much pain, she couldn't even get up and she stayed home to sleep while I was at my concert. I was a little disappointed, but I knew the situation. My dad on the other hand slept through my solo while at the concert. That man can sleep through anything. My mom once said when they were at a club he slept in front of the speakers. Unfortunately, my dad had to get to work at 5 AM and was really tired when he got home. I didn't know that when I wrote the FML though. He was honest about it though, but I wish he would of tried harder. My parents felt really awful, especially since they always been so supportive of me. Also, I'm a bit selfish because even after my dad said he worked early I was still sad about it. We all talked about it and everything is good now. They admit what they did was wrong despite some of the things being out of their control. My parents are caring people. They wouldn't just go to sleep during a concert without a reason (well kind of with my dad who can sleep anywhere). I would say it was an FML for both me and my parents because they really wanted to hear my solo.

Top comments

Harsh, 53. OP said he understands. Just cus you understand, doesn't mean you're not sad about it anyway.

they got so excited that they fainted. completely normal reaction. kudos for garnering such an extreme reaction. they must be so proud

Comments

Youtube it, then they can link their friends. I'm sure they were just overworked

hey man, at least they made the effort to go. my parents stayed home and wztched tv while my girlfriends parents came to wztch...