By Jenny - 09/02/2009 04:10 - United States

Today, for our 8 month anniversary, my boyfriend bought me a hideous necklace with ugly charms hanging off it. I wore it anyway and got a rash from it on the side of my neck. After seeing the rash my boyfriend accused me of having a hickey from another guy and broke up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 350
You deserved it 4 826

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FMLpleez1234 0

What an idiot. He's cheap too. Most inexpensive jewelry is made with nickel, which some people (like you and me) are allergic too. He isn't worth it.

Comments

At least you don't have to wear the necklace anymore

At least you don't have to wear the "hideous" necklace again.

Well then he bought it on purpose, because a boyfriend who loves you doesn't break up with you over nothing.

Except there's no such thing as a monthly anniversary. Anniversary = yearly.

anonymous100000 17

he's so petty. wasn't meant to be, OP. if two people really REALLY love each other, they work for their relationship and talk things out. he was most likely looking for any excuse to dump you. keep looking and learn from this experience.

It sounds like to me that he wanted a reason to break up with you, which makes him coward. Also, for those of you saying "why celebrate 8 months??", that's not the point? We don't know whether or not OP asked her (ex)boyfriend to buy her something. And, so what if they celebrate 8 months? Who cares? I just don't understand why some people don't want to accept that there is no formula to follow for relationships and people can celebrate whatever they want, regardless of whether or not you find it annoying.

That's what you get for trying to celebrate a monthly 'anniversary' idiot....