This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Bethany - 20/05/2016 19:31 - Germany

Spicy
Today, even though my boyfriend knew that I was a devout catholic before he asked me on a date, he's pissed that I keep refusing to have sex. Apparently, he thought I was just playing hard to get and that I would eventually drop my panties like all the other slutty "religious" girls he claims to have fucked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 134
You deserved it 3 170

Top comments

If he can't respect a single wish he's not worth keeping around

sonasonic 34

I wonder if he puts that on his rèsumè...

Comments

Go find a guy that respects not only your beliefs but women in general, which this one clearly doesn't.

kk21days 14

Please remember that if you say no and he bugs you until you give in and say "fine, as long as you shut up" it is not consent. Don't lose yourself and your values, OP. Stick to your guns!

erm excuse me i'm not trying to protect her asshat of a bf but when you say "fine" it is consent, nevermind the reasons. saying fine and afterwards deciding it wasnt consensual because you were pressured or because you are dissatisfied with the results is exactly what leads to false rape allegations and that is another evil by itself entirely.

Garnetshaddow 30

First off: DTMFA! Anything is better than that! Second... I'm going to get really hammered for this.. but there is a really regrettable trend in the U.S. of religious girls going totally wild. Poor education leads to girls thinking there is only one kind of "virginity" and they resort to oral and anal (known as "saddlebacking") to keep their boyfriends satisfied while staying "pure" for marriage. Also, they did an entire show on preacher's daughters going out of control. It's not an unheard of situation for really repressed girls to have a wild streak. Their parents are at home pretending they don't see it (their kid is a good kid!) or trying to pray it away. I knew a few religious girls in high school who had really bad reputations. For the record, I'm an atheist. I don't think sex is inherently immoral. It's a personal choice for consenting adults. In this case, her choice is not being respected.

Ugh...what a self-centered pig. I hope you decide to get him out of your life, and fast.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

That's probably what he said. It doesn't sound like she's saying that about anyone who has sex before marriage. And this really isn't the time to be focusing on one thing she may be saying. He's the one that is seriously in the wrong. And calling someone that does not make you any better. Really.

The quoted indicate to me that the boyfriend said the slutty part. And you really don't have the moral high ground complaining about a girl using a gendered slur and then immediately using a different gendered slur.

Where exactly did they say "every" one is? Because I'm not seeing that at all. Maybe try actually reading things before you comment, and not making generalized assumptions. You'll look much less stupid that way.

Time to make that boyfriend into an EX-boyfriend. What a disrespectful bastard