By mrosewrosem - 13/02/2014 11:54 - United Kingdom - Aldershot

Today, during an important exam, I had a huge panic attack and had to run out of the exam hall. Everyone saw me, and now everywhere I go, people keep pretending to have a panic attack and run away from me. I have to spend two more years with these assholes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 843
You deserved it 7 532

mrosewrosem tells us more.

Hey guys, this was actually me before I signed up for an account. Thanks for all the supportive messages, you guys rock! You're right, anxiety is a bitch! All those who said YDI, no-one deserves anxiety or any other mental disorder... just like no-one deserves any illness eg. cancer.

Top comments

I'm really sorry OP, panic attacks is not something you can control and they should know that. I really hope you are feeling better ;)

That really really sucks, I go through the same thing in the mornings. I haven't had a social life for the past two years and I dropped out of highschool in the tenth grade because of it never been to school again. Social anxiety is a bitch, FYL OP I feel your pain.

Comments

Aww I'm sorry OP. Keep your head up high. Hopefully they'll forget about it

Growing up, I had bad social anxiety and depression. I didn't know what was wrong with me and I was having to constantly fight down panic attacks at school and even around family. at 13 I was put on Zoloft and it made things worse. At 15 I tried to end my life by taking all of the pills. I saw a therapist and a psychiatrist who both determined I had social anxiety disorder. With the doctor's advice, I was pulled out of school. I did home studies for a while and eventually got a diploma. At 19 I started working....I was a Telesurveyor and even there I was getting anxiety and panic attacks.... I quit and then worked at s factory where I still got anxiety...then worked 3rd shift at Walmart...as a stocker. It was going okay....still had anxiety when customers showed and during lunch and breaks. I wanted to try a cashier.....bad mistake. I put up with it for a good year...constantly battling it. it eventually got worse and I quit and then I got SSDI since my work credits allowed me to qualify. I am now 29 and still on it.....but sort of doing a bit better now. I have a fiance I've been with for a little over 3 years and I'm 6 months free of medicine....I can be OK in public now with no panic attacks but I do have to fight them down. if I'm alone in public however.......then its another story. I freak out....I don't drive as I'm afraid to be behind the wheel but I do know how to. I want to get married and have kids and I'm hoping I can somehow get over all of this eventually. I also have mild OCD and mild ADD but the depression is gone for the most part.

Hey guys, this was actually me before I signed up for an account. Thanks for all the supportive messages, you guys rock! You're right, anxiety is a bitch! All those who said YDI, no-one deserves anxiety or any other mental disorder... just like no-one deserves any illness eg. cancer.

MsLiz12 10

I have anxiety and panic attacks. I understand completely hun! my mom who is a nurse tells me before anything important like a test or anything like that, to take half a benadryl it'll calm your nerves a lot. hope this helps!

I know how you feel.. I have anxoety problems too and at my district championship volleyball game this year, I was starting server. i had one anxiety attack and almost passed out in front of a huge crowd. so embarrassing.. you just have to learn to laugh it off and they will too!

Gah, people can be such dicks. I'm sorry OP, you're right. No one deserves to have anxiety, and panic attacks are the worst. I hope you realize that you're better off not knowing those knobgoblins who are making fun of you. And I really hope you have some sweet and supportive friends in your life who understand that what you go through is no picnic. Best of luck OP!

I beg to differ. I can name dozens of people who truly deserve cancer. Kim Jong Un, for example.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I had a panic attack this morning before a phone interview. It's really scary. It's not right of them to say those things. If I was there, I would totally defend you from those jerks.

ThatFancyPenn 18

98 - That's very opinionated. I'm not saying I like Kim Jong Un, but nobody truly deserves cancer. He does what he believes is right for his country. (Remember, I do not support him in any way whatsoever and am just making a statement.)

I agree that you shouldn't wish any mental or physical disorder on anyone. And yes, no one deserves that. But having anxiety is a far cry from having cancer, and I don't think you should compare the two!

#126, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that? Anxiety is painful, it hurts you and the people around you. Personally I suffer from depression, anxiety and OCD. Cancer kills, it tears apart families, but that statement is just as true for anxiety and depression. You cannot choose to have a mental illness, or control it anymore than any other disease! If you or someone around you was in the hospital because of mental health you'd understand. Not such a far cry.

That happened to me before it's the worst feeling in the world, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

alkolaali 7

God there is a lot of psycho girls out there. Who knew

If it makes you feel better, I gave a speech in school today, had a panic attack, and hid under a teacher's coat.

this made me laugh so hard just imagining that! im sorry, im a bad person :P

It's fine. It was funny. Here I am, 5 ft tall and weighing 170, hiding under a jacket while wearing a big and shiny metal.

This is the most genuine FML I've read in a long time

Talk to Kevin Laye (kevinlaye.co.uk). He cured my wife of panic attacks very quickly without medication. He is a great guy. No, I am not he nor employed by him, just owe my sanity to him.

demonpup 12

Op I know the feeling. Just take deep breaths or think of something that makes you forget about taking a test.